Hubby in severe pain

My husband broke his spine in 4 places and is on disability. Due to the opiate crisis, they’re giving him only 20 pain pills per month. Obviously that not enough. He’s in to much pain to go out for our anniversary. Poor thing :frowning: but I’ll make dinner and we will watch a movie.

9 Likes

I am so sorry…can you get medical marijuana in your state?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your husband’s in such pain. Hope you have a good anniversary nonetheless.

1 Like

Constant pain can really run you down, I’m slowly working towards it with Arthritis, I’m hoping it does not get to bad. Best wishes to you both

1 Like

I’m sorry @CoCo. I hope something can lessen his pain

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous, they should at least give him 30 so he has one segment of peace per day. I have a collapsed disc in my spine (don’t take narcotics though) so i know spine pain well.

1 Like

Microdosing cannabis is supposedly good for pain management. In Illinois you can take an opioid prescription into a dispensary and get cannabis that way.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your husband @CoCo.
I hope he starts feeling better soon.

1 Like

Happy anniversary to you two! I hope your husband’s pain gets better. It’s so hard with the opioids. I had to be on them when I had pancreatitis and they would only give me so many at a time. It’s hard on the people who are using them responsibly.

1 Like

His spine was fused together in the lower back. But the compression fractures went from his neck to his low back. He was injured in a state that’s not required to have workman’s comp because it’s illegal there to sue your boss. So his neck, upper back and middle back have not been treated. It really sucks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.