How well can you hide SZ

Im basically a pro.

Makes me wonder if i even have it !!

I suppose i spend all my energy on trying to hide it !

Whats your take ?

10 Likes

I’m still new to this illness, so as of now I can’t hide it very well. It’s pretty obvious something is up with me, but I don’t do anything eccentric, I just keep quiet, and act a little wierd in public situations. It’s hard for me to talk.

3 Likes

I don’t hide it from my family and in society I look not too much abnormal,

1 Like

I am really good at appearing normal. I don’t “act crazy” most of the time. Unfortunately, i am good at acting like nothing is wrong. I think sometimes that is a bad thing. For me, at least.

5 Likes

A lot of people I find are very ignorant
They don’t understand mental illness and what it does
I’ve been told I look normal

3 Likes

I am decent at hiding it, when I told my boss about it he said he just thought I was quiet so that shows at least partially how I am.

The way it influences my socialization is what makes me think I can’t always hide it.

3 Likes

I look and act normal.

2 Likes

I’m not very good at hiding my sz. When I was working people refer to me as eccentric guy.

2 Likes

I try. I think only good friends and family would be able to pick up on it if I didnt already tell them. Others just think Im withdrawn

I used to be terrible though, like straight up talking back to the voices and being rude to my neighors because I thought they were spying on me

4 Likes

People know something’s up when I leave to go into the hospital.

1 Like

I’m good when it’s one on one but if there’s a group then it’s quiet city for me.

1 Like

I go quiet in groups, like everhopeful, but overall, people wouldn’t suspect anything wrong with me. Before I went on disability this time, it was obvious because I’d had another psychotic break. But now I’m very stable on meds and able to hide it again.

I appear normal most of the time, just under stress is when I can’t hide it. I usually leave or my senses shut down

Then again, people can’t understand me, and I feel like I’m the only one in the world cause my cognition gets really bad. The friends I do have can get me back when I start losing touch they don’t let me think that much and they don’t put too much spotlight on me

1 Like

I hide my illness well now after the voices humiliated me several times before. I can’t talk about it to my friends who are normal- although I did already and now they judge me… big mistake.

In general, i act pretty normal. I have always been the shy quiet type so my not talking much to anyone is normal for anyone who halfway knows me.
When i am really stressed, that is a much different story. I run from people and get really anxious.

I think people can fairly quickly pick up that I’m a bit odd.

2 Likes

People know I’m odd too. Probably why nobody has asked me to just get a job and said I’m not mentally ill like ever.

I can hide it amongst regular people. But the people who know me well can usually tell when something is wrong or my brain is fed up.

I say I am quiet, but I think I am just really bad at starting conversation. It sometimes goes quite well if it comes to having a chat with someone. I don’t really try to hide my illness, even when I was quite bad I always got by anyway.

I’m pretty quiet and my social skills are somewhat lacking in a group setting, but otherwise I am completely normal. I have nice chit chat with the people at the store just like anyone else.