How to stop food binge at night?

I go nuts eating at night, but I eat normally during the day. I’m struggling losing weight because of all the food I eat at night. I take Abilify in the evening. Don’t know if that’s what is doing it.

2 Likes

I tend to eat more at night too.

1 Like

I was just sat down to watch Saturday night tv and I feel like stuffing my face I’m thinking of oven chips

2 Likes

Thanks Wave.1515

1 Like

Thanks shellys12.

1 Like

Try taking one of these a day.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/sundown-naturals-b-complex-100-tablets/32621

I found a b complex curbs abilify’s hunger pangs.

But I also found that a “high powered” b complex with 1000s of times the recommended daily allowance of b vitamins can interact badly with abilify.

The one in the link above is a “low powered” b complex and I didn’t have any issues with it.

2 Likes

I still snack at night, but I make sure I have low calorie density snacks. Celery, cucumber slices, tomato slices, and such. I make sure I stay out of sugar, fat, and starch. Get some salsa from the store and chop in fresh tomato. Scoop that with cucumber slices sprinkled with vinegar or a celery stick. Very satisfying and mostly guilt free.

4 Likes

This is a good idea.
I like cucumbers.
Adding some red wine vinegar and salt.

1 Like

Thanks @everhopeful @shutterbug. I’ll look into the B vitamins and getting some veggies to snack on.

2 Likes

Thanks Wave. 15

1 Like

Just fall in love and the weight will drop off lol that works for me…

Aside from that, try keeping water nearby.

1 Like

Stack up on foods high in fiber in the evening. Low calorie but filling. Also make sure dinner earlier in the day has enough protein and fat to keep you satiated. Protein and fat take longer to digest than carbs, so you will be full for longer.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @anon83141956 @anon84377678

2 Likes

You’re welcome Blue 65

1 Like

Like @shutterbug basically said, if you are going to snack then snack on healthy food. Veggies, air-popped popcorn, yogurt, fruit, low fat crackers, low fat cheese, maybe a healthy smoothie.

1 Like

Thanks 77nick77.

1 Like

I tend to wake up at 1 or 2 am to have a snack and I have to be careful about counting my calories or I’ll eat way to much

1 Like

Thanks Twialine. I’ve been counting calories, but that seems to go out the door at night.

1 Like

@anon54988740. Try doing a half of the day fast it might rest your hunger or show you that you can resist or try water instead

1 Like

I’ll give it a try.

1 Like