How to save the planet

I’m considering going unselfish in the way the youngsters are now
Anti consumerism etc

I have small ways I can do this like shopping right sell flashy stuff so I don’t look like the showy woman with an exotic leather purse and uggs instead of toms

What are the best avenues of helping to save the planet

My mum thinks I’m mental because of some comment I heard about the world ending in a few hundred years
They want to choose a new ‘age’ titled human because its extinction on such a massive scale

Anyone have any advice?

Also I am not having kids half of my life thinking about the environment and schizophrenia turning it impossible

I’m always committed to veganisn but I cheat so much I can’t call my diet plant based

Saving the planet is not a concern. Mankind can’t destroy it. Keeping planet’s conditions suitable for human life, well that’s another thing completely.

1 Like

When I’m really mad I send child adoption things and go around buying caravan

Mankind must utilise the resources on planet earth to provide for the consumer whether it be for food, raw materials or living space. However, being more ecological in industry is of concern due to climate change.

Do you know that in about 2 weeks we will again have pillaged the earths renewable resources and are again going into planet earth debt

All life on earth is what we need to deal with
67% of all animals on the planet in 50 years

Renewable resources are not pillageable which is why they are called renewable. Wind, solar & ocean wave are a few examples.

I know, but I think OP is coming at it from a different angle.

Probably so, it’s interesting to have a different perspective.

Per year we go into eath debt each August we start not being able to replenish and replace
We stop the capacity to rebuild within that year
And each year

Anthropocene age
The rock will show massive mass extinction globally
It will be like the dinosaurs being wiped out to geology

Sorry
I was unclear
67% animals on the planet have died or not replaced since 1967

What about farm livestock and herd management?

What are you all worried about? When they run out of oil carbon emissions will go way down, no need to rush it. Stormy weather is exciting. Plus that super volcano :volcano: in Yellowstone is gonna take care of everything

2 Likes

What about homesteading? It’s about being self-sustainable.

1 Like

One thing you might do if you have a little money is to invest in green companies. I think you can make money doing that. For instance, I’ve heard that solar energy is becoming competitive with fossil fuels. You might could make some money investing in that. Of course, there are politics involved. Some of the fossil fuel corporations are trying to block solar energy, and with this process of “fracking”, we might turn away from renewable energies all together. Wind power is becoming more efficient. Do some research. You could probably find some green mutual funds, but you would have to check to see just how green they really are. They might be green in name only.

1 Like

Hmm… compost. Try not to generate non-recyclable, non-compostable trash. Plan your trips so as to not waste gas, or take the bus. Set your thermostat to 78 in the summer and 68 in the winter. Use a low flush toilet and low flow shower.

1 Like

The world is no longer at risk of running out of oil or gas, with existing technology capable of unlocking so much that global reserves would almost double by 2050 despite booming consumption, BP has said.
When taking into account all accessible forms of energy, including nuclear, wind and solar, there are enough resources to meet 20 times what the world will need over that period, David Eyton, BP Group head of technology said.
“Energy resources are plentiful. Concerns over running out of oil and gas have disappeared,” Mr Eyton said at the launch of BP’s inaugural Technology Outlook.

you are saying that factory farming makes up for mass global extinction???