How to make freinds and network with others..?

not very good at networking with others… any tips or tricks?

1 Like

Let me know when you find any…

2 Likes

I feel like me and you randomly join forces for the sake of hilarity…but that’s more like the exception rather than the rule on networking…

1 Like

I think just being in a place with like minded people like an apartment building with people your own age or getting to know people at a place of gathering (for me its the gym)

1 Like

Think I’m seeing things

1 Like

@5713 it was the name of a self help book I changed it…you bring up a very valid point as to why that particular wording is not appropriate… im sorry for the confusion I ment nothing by it… and you were not seeing things…

1 Like

maybe I don’t get out amongst people enough to network like I should… good tip…

1 Like

I think you have to find people with a common goal,desire, passion, something you can share with them. Those are the best friendships.

1 Like

maybe I posed the wrong question… maybe I should have asked how to further friendships with people to open up a useful and fun network that… would be serious enough for business ventures if one should pop up and casual enough to still want to hang out with inside jokes… no crap that’s not right either…

attempt 3

I can find friends and keep them…they are rare but there so how can I pretend to enjoy some ones company whom I mostly dislike… I would never make a good politician… or I would be the most awesome for the people and then the other politicians would prolly assassinate me for being so awesome… c rap…anyway lol… how can people pretend to further their network…

I think the key is to truly care for people. Care that your participation in the conversation means something to them. If your in a conversation for yourself people will pick up on it and avoid conversation with you. I have a neighbor that likes to control the conversation and when he’s not in control he’s not interested. I still talk to him a bit but I can only take so much. I know other people feel the same so I try to show​ him some interest.

2 Likes

Also not sure if that’s what your after having a bit of a hard time concentrating on your question

1 Like

good answer… how do you handle the sociopaths and the aggressive dumb ones…

I honestly i like all kinds of people. So I’m pretty accepting of most all people. Some people I pity but I still try to care about the conversation and what they think. Sometimes you just have to cut it short just so you can leave on a positive note. I haven’t always been so good at it and do feel God gives me a little patience that’s I really can’t claim. With my sz I really don’t enjoy the close relationships that I used to, except with my family . It’s just to draining for some reason.

2 Likes

you are a better person than me… naturally I dislike people…of course people prove me wrong and im open to friendships… but until I know for sure… everyone is either neutral or in the dislike… you seem to approach life with a better outlook… although sadly both approaches seem to have the same effectiveness when coupled with MI…

1 Like

I made mutual friends with mr special

6-7 friends from work.

6-7 friends from childhood who are scattered over the world.
My family

this forum where I socialize and get help. Hmmmm not sure maybe participate in classes/activities in the local area would help.

1 Like