How to enjoy things I used to enjoy? Anhedonia?

I have bad avolition and anhedonia. I don’t enjoy most of the stuff I used to enjoy before sz. I can force myself to do simple stuff like watching TV or playing video games but they feel like hard work instead of fun.

6 Likes

For me things only started to improve when I started Wellbutrin.

If I were you I would try an ad.

4 Likes

My Drs won’t prescribe me serotonin ADs as they don’t think I have depression

2 Likes

Some doctors don’t prescribe ad’s easily. My doctor even refused when I was suicidal in the beginning but after a year she turned around.

Sometimes docs change their opinions. Maybe you have to keep complaining about how bad you feel for a long time.

2 Likes

I can’t play video games anymore. But I did start watching the odd TV show. I usually watch the first 5 mins then fast-forward to the next action scene then I’ll watch the conclusion.

The only real interest I have right now is programming stuff. But it’s still hard to get started

1 Like

What about work?

Do them anyway. Without the enjoyment. Take the action first, and let your mind catch up afterward.

4 Likes

Oh I’m not interested in work lol I just have to make money :sweat_smile: I don’t hate it though it’s a good place. Very low stress work

1 Like

Yep that’s what I Do.

I rarely feel like mountain biking. But I force myself to go and I usually end up with some amount of enjoyment sometimes more sometimes less.

1 Like

You can enjoy work, I used to enjoy working.

1 Like

I force myself out with my sister at least once a week. I force myself to take little trips. I force myself to talk with friends. I force myself to do laundry.

I agree, usually there is some level of enjoyment that comes out of it. It’s not like I want it to be, but it’s better than not doing it.

1 Like

@Aziz
I think I am close with no enjoyment in anything video game TV Art work - all used to be obsessions and passions.

I can still enjoy food and coffee and sweets. I don’t know why.
Music too. I can enjoy this.

I’m following your journey cause if you can’t break out of this. I’m doomed too.

1 Like

I tried a natural AD called 5Htp (increases Serotonin) and Wellbutrin. Both didn’t work and gave me insomnia.

1 Like

The Wellbutrin also worsened my positive symptoms.

1 Like

@Aziz, you’ve got to stop waiting until you feel like it. You’re never going to.

1 Like

Walking in a natural place and sunbathing didn’t help me with anhedonia, but they were like a distraction for me

1 Like

@Bowens Did you beat your anhedonia?

1 Like

It’s not like it’s fun but the people I work with are fun. Except I like to win new contracts. So I guess you could say I like winning.

1 Like

I enjoy winning.

1 Like

I enjoyed getting paid for work and enjoyed getting high grades in university.

2 Likes