How to deal with schizophrenia

Its hard to tell if it’s really schizophrenia. I can’t find any evidence of a camera on me, so I have to believe that it really is schizophrenia for me. During the times you start hallucinating, what is there you can do to remember its just a delusion? Its so hard and I’m tired of fighting.

4 Likes

Maybe walk in other peoples shoes for a little while and that way realize that there’s no reason anyone would bother to film them, and then you can go back in your own shoes and hopefully see that you are no different than the other guys.

3 Likes

Keep doing the things you think it’s normal and try to focus on that. Like making a pot of tea, grocery shopping, working, planning a vacation going to the gym etc

4 Likes

It is very hard to realize that you are delusional. It usually takes me awhile to realize that it is just a delusion.

1 Like

Stay grounded in your body, rather than chasing thoughts around in your head. It’s pretty simple to learn, and it seems to help over time

2 Likes

Don’t try to over think it, with figuring out that you are delusional.

1 Like

It is so hard. These delusions are hard to deal with. They are scary.

I agree, but it is still possible to realize that you are delusional. Are you older with age?

1 Like

I do the same thing…it is hard to realize that you are delusional.

I’m in my late 20s. What do you do to help with your delusions?

I can’t say on this site.

1 Like

Erm you can try to convince yourself its a delusion and it might work a little bit but if its a true delusion it will win. Meds are the only thing that can stop it.

1 Like

Oh ok.1515151515

Take your medication daily and at the same time everyday.

2 Likes

I’ve been on every medication you could think of, but nothing worked. I haven’t tried clozapine because I’m afraid of the effects it has on the body.

1 Like

Its the only thing that can work but not necessarily will work

1 Like

Today is not a good day for me. I really believe I got implanted with a camera or microphone. How small can a camera get? Also, why is it ok for the whole entire country to bully one person. That is really sad. It’s like people are having a bad day and decide to take their anger out on someone. Its really sad. But I’m not going to let it bother me.

Delusions are delusions. Hope you feel better soon. I get tired of fighting the schizophrenia too. But you can still be gifted and happy even with this disease.

Everyone around me is saying I’m on camera, so its hard for me to tell if I’m on camera or not.

I can explain this for you so you can understand it better. There are different layers/levels to consciousness and perception. When I was psychotic or in an episode my thoughts and beliefs became my reality and I quite literally could not perceive the difference. It does not mean that the delusions are reality. Because if you realize that the thoughts make no sense, you can break out of that pattern of delusions/false ideas. But there is often a reason we disconnect and experience derealization. I wonder if some of us do it to distract ourselves from trauma or pain but that’s not always the case. Learning to love yourself by merely accepting that the alternative is much better, that there are no cameras in you.

Your mind is telling you that people are saying it when they’re not. That’s what its like and why its such a scary illness.

My mind was telling me all sorts of things that I thought everyone else was hearing or saying and then I realized that no one else could hear it but me. I won’t go into detail because more details about what happens during an episode wouldn’t be comfortable.

Just trying to help you though I’m not a therapist or a doctor. Its what helped me. I stopped hearing voices. I learned to stop believing that everything I thought was true was happening…

1 Like