How successfull are you with being a person with sz

I dunno…

I just try my best every day and hope it gets me somewhere :upside_down_face:.

3 Likes

i am successful in a sense that i succeeded to get schizophrenia. id prefer to succeed at other things but this happens with no effort. as a person i dont consider myself successful

I feel I am 60 - 70% functioning. I have a job but it is very specific to my needs. I’ve been doing a little better at looking after myself. But it is hard. Very hard.

1 Like

I’m not successful.
I am a failure actually,
but i am ok with it.

I have to try harder too. Waking up at the same time in the morning is the toughest. I think I lack dopamine.

1 Like

I’m successful enough in my mind.

I’m back in school, aiming for some kind of career pertaining to juvenile justice reform. A lot of my spare time is spent monitoring online hate groups. I’m working to get to a better place in terms of my physical health.

I think you’re all doing great, for what it’s worth. We all deal with a lot of ■■■■ but we persevere.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. I hate waking up. Im so drowsy.

I used to be quite successful but since menopause I’m not I am now about 15% successful

I can’t be a person.

It depends on meds. I am more successful on some meds bcz I am able to hold a job for a long time on them.

I worked full time while I was on 80mg Latuda for a year. Worked with accounting softwares and Excel entering data in an accounting office. Now on 6mg Risperdal I cant work, but at least I have 0 side effects and 0 positive symptoms and 0 irritability.

I was much more than successful before sz, I had the grades to get in medschool. Teachers invited me to math and physics competitions in college, finished organic chemistry with 98% average, got 99% in the final which was worth 50%.

If sz was a person I would cut its limbs and burn it alive.

I think I am average when comparing my success to other people with schizophrenia. I can:

1. Drive
  2. Own a car
  3. Hold a job while taking medication
  4. Manage my finances quite well
  5. Go shopping in public places like the supermarket for food

However I am a failure at:

1. Finding a girlfriend/wife
  2. Being obese
  3. Having no friends
1 Like

Wishing we could have a single pinned Success Stories thread as it gets tiring to keep having to type out your success story over and over and over ad infinitum. Would give people one place to go and find this stuff. Perhaps in Health and Recovery? A thought?

@Ninjastar @anon4362788 @Moonbeam @rogueone

5 Likes

Sounds good to me. We’d need to see what other nods think.

3 Likes

Im doing alright on meds just super bored af.

I think it depends on what you think success is.

I’m a do-nothing housewife that lives a pretty cushy life.

Some people would consider that a success.

I’ve totally wasted my education and degree,

Don’t work and have nothing to show for the time I did.

Can’t even put it on my resume.

So in some ways, I’m not so successful.

Depends on how you think.

I think I’m successful in a lot of personal ways,

I’ve defeated a lot of delusions and gained my life back from OCD.

And I think I have success to come,

I’m relatively young and write a lot, something may come of that someday.

I have hopes for it.

6 Likes

I can’t work at all. I used to work full-time for like 7 years, then went part-time for 2 years. Now I am not working. I have trouble just keeping up with housework and meal preparation.

I have 1 friend, besides my husband, but I rarely talk to her. I do consider my youngest brother to be a good friend, but I rarely see him, either.

I get pretty lonely when my husband has to go into the office. He works half of his days at home, which is nice.

My husband and I are best friends, so we like to hang out with each other as much as we can. We’re not the kind of couple that is wanting to spend time away from each other. We always let each other know that we’re best friends.

It’s good to marry your best friend. Highly recommend. :crazy_face::relaxed:

3 Likes

It was not a dramatic before and after the severe mental illness situation for me. I was a young/very young 18 year old when it came to being independent. I’d not done anything great pre SMI. I think that the difference between pre SMI and SMI is far more pronounced if you’ve been to uni, and have good prospects when the SMI occurs.

1 Like

You should try to get a better paying job, instead of adding a second one.