How schizophrenics have said they relax. (Add others you have)

What I can remember has been said is relaxing to people who have posted on it:

I think first of the people who live in the country and find a peace in nature. 

And there are the people who have found a state of calm when meditating or deep breathing.

And I think of the religious ones who find comfort in group prayer or going to church.

And random acts of kindness always seem to create a comfortable glow.

And some who make it a practice to listen to relaxing music rather than songs expressing schizophrenic feelings.

And there's laughing at comedy and stand-up comedians.

And there are evasive maneuvers around the household like hiding under the covers, in the bathtub, or even in the closet.       

And there's drugs... prescription or otherwise.

More?
2 Likes

Origami helps me relax.
Playing piano or singing
Reading fiction or the comics

1 Like

Being around my young dog relaxes me, he cracks me up - he is also very affectionate

3 Likes

I do deep breathe, hide in the bath, closet, under the covers, watch comics, listen to nice music.

I also take walks, go for a swim, and sit on the beach. I also sit and watch my fish.

3 Likes

for deep relaxation i use hypnosis its like relaxing you unconcious mind i always feel bnetter afterwards and if i do yoga then hynosis i am very calm:)

2 Likes

sleeping. For me there is nothing like the realm of dreams. In my dreams I am free from the anxieties that plague my conscious mind. When I wake up I typically feel better for a while, like I can trust myself and my thoughts. Then after a few hours of exposure to this telepathy nonsense I end up questioning myself and I get really paranoid, makes me feel like I have to change in some way. Then I get to go back to sleep and I’m free again.

3 Likes

the gym when I need to feel like myself, you know… work off the layers of perpetual thought and hope is that you walk out of the gym without a swath of thoughts following you. I also like listening to nice people, they have calming affects.

2 Likes

I’ll answer to your list :smile:

I think first of the people who live in the country and find a peace in nature.
YUP, I DO

And there are the people who have found a state of calm when meditating or deep breathing. ER, SOMEWHAT, BUT NOT AS A RITUAL THING

And I think of the religious ones who find comfort in group prayer or going to church. SPIRITUAL, I DO PRAY, READ SCRIPTURE, AND HAVE ONLINE FELLOWSHIP…

And random acts of kindness always seem to create a comfortable glow.
SOMETIMES WHEN I GET THE CHANCE

And some who make it a practice to listen to relaxing music rather than songs expressing schizophrenic feelings. I ACTUALLY LISTENED TO SOME CLASSICAL A FEW DAYS AGO AND IT WAS RELAXING.

And there’s laughing at comedy and stand-up comedians. I DONT REALLY LIKE STAND UP COMEDIANS, BUT I LAUGH AT SOME OF THE MOST ABSURDEST THINGS, AND SOMETIMES COME UP WITH FUNNY STUFF MYSELF.

And there are evasive maneuvers around the household like hiding under the covers, in the bathtub, or even in the closet. UM, NO…LOL

And there’s drugs… prescription or otherwise. NOPE, AND ALCOHOL USED TO RELAX ME IN SMALL AMOUNTS BUT IF I DRANK TOO MUCH IT CAUSED CONFLICTS IN RELATIONSHIPS, SO HAVENT DRANK IN SEVERAL MONTHS.

1 Like

I hit the gym, hard, im a competitive powerlifter, then I usually masturbate (I have no shame) and then listen to music or waste time on the internet before going to sleep. I really enjoy naps or working out, they’re what I do after school, one or the other. No afternoon caffeine means I fall asleep.

On off days (Im not really challenged by school, I have lots of free time) I watch anime and spend time with my pets and family. I usually pick an anime and watch the whole series in a few days.

BUT before meds and recovery I was a raging alcoholic. It worked, alcohol was the most important thing to me for a while. It was too good, it was just perfect, it calmed me down, killed my anxiety and some of my voices, basically was effective self medication.

When I’ve been lying still for awhile, sometimes I follow my thoughts as they come + not judge or try to change them like usually. I’ll follow how they go through chinks and twists and they’ll lead to other thoughts and images and all along don’t stop a thought or turn my thought back. After I do this for awhile I come out of it + my mind is relaxed - not completely but much more than usual.

4 Likes

read my book or walk on the beach or sleep

2 Likes

My son drinks chai tea and listens to calm music. I always say to him, " Is it a chai night? "

Write in my journal or listen to music

Listening to music helps me relax.

I relax with going to the gym. I do yoga, water aerobics, driving to the beach, Having a slice of cheese pizza, listening to instrumental music. And a cup of iced vietnamese coffee. Sometimes hitting the mall early and finding that perfect coat or dress. Getting my hair cut, washed, and styled.

1 Like

Hmmm well I ain’t preparing for competitions anymore but I still workout religiously. I find myself busier with school. Well, since a year and a half ago, relatively speaking.

I like to watch violent anime still.

I like music. I also like just laying there with my pets.

1 Like

CUTE mousey!!! :laughing:

Same. I feel more alive while sleeping than while awake. Every night I look forward to dream states. I can still sometimes feel the “phantom pain” in my left-hemisphere while I dream, but at least I have the energy to do things during dreams.

1 Like