How often do you think about it?

I have never in my life thought about suicide. It’s just not me and I would never do it. I do get depressed and empty but ending my life does not seem like the escape from this misery. Do you know what your family and friends are gonna go through if you end your life? you don’t even know what on the other side. I think I would like to achieve more in my life before I die or get killed somehow. Maybe you can set some goals for yourself and try focusing on having more fun in your life?

I had suicidal ideation on the following med combos:

Quetiapine (seroquel)
Abilify 5mg (sub therapeutic dose)
Abilify 7.5mg (sub therapeutic dose)

All went away on abilify 10mg (actual therapeutic dose)

So maybe it’s your meds.

Clozapine is the only FDA-approved medication to treat suicidal ideation in sz patients.

2 Likes

I kind of go between nondenominational to Lutheran. I’m probably more Lutheran, but basically I just believe in following the Bible itself and not anything extra. I fuzzy on the details of what I believe though, like some of the parables I just don’t understand, and a lot of other details I’m not sure whether they are in the Bible or not.

yeah maybe I should try to have more fun :confused:

I’m feeling a little bit better today. I think just being distracted with classes today helped.

1 Like

Might ultimately be worth looking into when you’re feeling more stabilized, though your background sounds pretty “safe” (compared to some of the stuff called “Christianity” that really isn’t). Some of the beliefs of the pseudo-Christian cults are, well, a bit crazy-making, in no small part because there’s no way people can live up to them… and the stipulated alternative is going to “hell.”

1 Like

My brother is unfortanately drawn to one of those Christian cult like “movements” he thinks that fasting for weeks at a time is what he needs to do currently… so not good

I do not think about suicide at all any longer. I actually almost once committed suicide by cutting my wrist, but then emergency people took me to the ER, this was many years ago. When I lived in my auto in America 15 years ago I thought about it often, but the life won and now I want to live to a very old age, maybe 90. We all have had our dark days.

Well trying to be perfect could drive anybody crazy, cuz nobody is, but that is what grace is for. I think it’s just a matter of trying, not being perfect.

ah you lived in an auto? That’s sad. :worried: It sounds like you are doing better now though.

One hears the phrase, “progress, not perfection” a great deal in AA meetings.

I haven’t thought of suicide in years. My pdoc said I’ve dissociated all my depressive symptoms. Now I just get really manic instead and when I come down I just become flat.

I’m sorry that you feel that way though. Depression was always one of my hardest struggles when I had it. I hope you feel better!

I’m glad you have overcome it. I’m feeling a little worse today than yesterday. Going to campus didn’t help, although Monday it did.