How much stress can you handle?

I can’t handle any. It makes me get positive symptoms. This started 2yrs before my diagnosis.

3 Likes

I can handle any amount of stress without activating my positive symptoms. To me stress and positive symptoms have no connection.

1 Like

You’re lucky. What type of stress can you handle? Work, studying, etc?

1 Like

Stress is too hard on me. I can’t handle stress at all

3 Likes

Thank u. I haven’t worked continuously for even 3 months so I wouldn’t know what work stress looks like … study stress I can handle pretty easily.

Other kinds of stress like handling problems related to laptop mobile etc I can handle just like normal people.

2 Likes

Yea computer stuff don’t stress me. What are you studying? I got a university degree while on Abilify but I wasn’t feeling good eventhough I got some A’s.

1 Like

Not sure, it just builds up. When it reacts badly I assume it’s because of the damage done by other substances and certain unfortunate situations

2 Likes

I completed my bachelor’s in business administration.

3 Likes

I can’t take the stress of birthing. When a friend is in labor, I leave. What a coward I am.

3 Likes

My pdr told me stress is bad for psychosis.

3 Likes

Not much. I worry what i say and freedom of speech. Are we really free? Doubt it sometimes…

Im improving on latuda. Today i only slept 6 hours and woke up at 3am. Not a high qualitity sleeper either. I started slogging and lagging and being an airhead and slow. Im an idiot sometimes. I talk down about myself and i had negative intrusive thoughts. Sometimes im very inefficient, sensitive, and dumb with manly things. I feel lethargic today.

I realize i need to take better care of myself. My throat was hoarse and sore from smoking. Drank water lol. Dehydration.

Its a learning thing and curve.

Made me think im better at math and books than engineering and construction for sure.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You should really stop smoking for your health.

2 Likes

I can’t handle a lot of stress. I can deal with minor stress, but not for too long.

2 Likes

I can’t handle stress from my dad at all. I think I suffer from his ‘narcissism’. I told him right up he’s a narcissist and he said he’s the least narcissistic person. I chuckled. He is the most negative person I ever met. He’s still my dad though. Seems since my grandma died a year ago or so he has been very distant and depressed. He said he would eventually move on after I pass or something along that line.

2 Likes

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs4680

Am met/met

Conclusions: Met/Met homozygotes seem sensitive to stressful events in childhood and adolescence,

2 Likes

I can’t handle much stress at all. I try not to stress over or worry about things too much in order to keep my stress levels low.

2 Likes

How do I handle stress? I’ll tell you.
Working at a small business when I was in my early-to mid twenties. The boss wanted me to wash towels on a Saturday afternoon at the laundromat so I loaded 4 huge duffle bags full of towels in the bosses wife’s car, drove over there and the place was pretty full. But I took up ten washers at once. Then it was stand and wait as people came up to complaining about taking so many washers. Talk about stress! No one could tell how stressed I was though. I stayed fairly calm on the outside. Then I took up 8 dryers and stood around as people complained. That was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

4 Likes

I haven’t tested the waters yet. I am hoping I will be able to handle stress again with medication. I was under lots of stress when the positive symptoms started. Going to take some classes this fall.

2 Likes

I have high tolerance of stress, but I make myself super stressed over things

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes