Poll: How vulnerable to stress are you?

• High Vulnerability (Can’t handle stress at all)
  • Medium
  • Low Vulnerability (Can handle stress well)

0 voters

I live a stress free life as much as I can. Naturally this isn’t possible all the time even though I go out of my way to avoid stress.

I had to deal with a stressful situation yesterday and now today my brain feels like it’s shutting down.

It makes me wonder what kind of hope for the future I can have.

3 Likes

I can’t handle stress at all. My paranoia gets even worse and I get breakthrough hallucinations despite being on a high dose of Haldol.

1 Like

Habituation and heavy stress management can really work. I used to have the stress tolerance of candy floss.

1 Like

I usually don’t get stressed out like most people - although I strive to get plenty of “me” time in, such as going to a quiet corner with some coffee and the newspaper, going to my favorite mall, etc. It’s the observance of such little things that help keep me more or less even-keeled.

1 Like

Lately I’m all about comfort. I listen to music during the day, and at night to help fall asleep I’ll sometimes watch an ASMR video on youtube. Not everyone knows what that is, but I recommend looking it up on Wikipedia and seeing if it’s for you.

2 Likes

A personal risk factor for me in my psych notes is severe stress . Luckily since I’ve been here stress has been minimal.

I don’t actually do much to get really stressed out about. My day to day existence is very low key. Some might say boring. Despite that I still get days when I wake up and the free floating anxiety rears its ugly head.

How I’d cope if I was thrust into work and was pushed to being more like a normal late middle aged person is another matter.

The worst stress I had was when my wife had dementia and I had to go from the passive partner to one who was in charge. I really struggled and had quite a few flu like episodes and derealisation.

2 Likes

I can’t handle it at all. When I am nervous I hear negative voices

2 Likes

When i’m stressed i’m hyperactive

1 Like

I turn up only 50% of time at psychologist due to stress of just going there. An example

1 Like

I can’t handle stress at all. Whenever I try to get an education, the stress takes me to the hospital.

I need to not have much pressure in my life, or I will have breakthrough symtpoms like inability to eat or sleep normally, and voices telling me to do bad things.

1 Like

I am a mess when it comes to stress now.

1 Like

I selected medium. I am stressed now because my mom is on a business trip, and I’m having a lot of symptoms like beings, anxiety, and depression, but I can still make sure my brother gets to school, and I’ve been eating and taking my meds, so I think I am doing okay at handling things.

1 Like

Stress makes my symptoms flare up
It’s terrible because I really want to do things but I can’t because of it

1 Like

I can’t handle any kind of stress.
My symptoms like anxiety and mood swings would flare up easily.

1 Like

Nor can I handle stress. My symptoms come starting with irritable mixed mood and self harm and voices

1 Like

I can handle some stress, but if I get too stressed I need to talk to someone about it for hours to calm down, like my family or psychologist. I have my third interview in the past two weeks and I’m doing ok. I haven’t been able to sleep or eat much though. I was pretty stressed out about my midterms this week but I got As on them. I also find praying helps relieve some of the stress as well.

1 Like

I would say my ability to handle stress is a medium. I’m better than i used to be but i also live a fairly stress free life, as much as it is under my control. I still struggle when things get janky though.

1 Like

Am terrible under stress. Just awful.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to extend my tolerances dealing with stress, stress can floor my but I’ve learnt to deal with stress a bit better by using coping skills, I know if I was off meds it would be 10x worse

1 Like

Definitely high. I run around like a chicken with its head cut off when something stressful happens- just read my threads on this board, and you’ll see what I mean! I eventually calm down if it’s only one relatively mild stressful event, but if it’s ongoing or major, it sends me spiraling downhill fast.

1 Like