How much protein do you eat daily?

They recommend a minimum of 0.8g/kg of body weight for sedentary ppl. 1.2-1.7g/kg of body weight for those who exercise moderately, more for athletes and for those who exercise too much. I eat 1g/kg of body weight as I am sedentary and need protein for my diet to feel full.

1 Like

Absolutely no clue. I don’t measure it. I would suspect it varies a great deal from day to day.

2 Likes

I used to lack protein when I did diets but now have been using whey protein powder to add protein with least amount of calories. Isolate is better but too expensive. I buy protein powder from MyProtein, I mix it with water and matcha powder in the blender.

1 Like

Just don’t eat too much protein as excess protein converts into fat, which stores in your body. I eat higher protein than carbs in my diet. But no red meat. So I eat only lean meats. They said eating a serving of protein the size of your fist per meal is enough.

1 Like

I can’t give up that. Grilled steak is one of my favorite food but I don’t eat red meat everyday, mostly in the summer on the grill. Yesterday had Angus steak, my mother removed all the white fat before we grilled it on the bbq.

Oh I cut out red meat due to my health issues, which is disappointing because I love a good steak. I understand being a meat lover.

1 Like

I made pad thai shrimp yesterday with the shirataki noodles, oyster sauce, spinach and egg white.

2 Likes

Shrimp is actually high in cholesterol, so not really a lean meat. But that sounds really yummy.

1 Like

Yea I didn’t put a lot. I think eggs have twice the cholesterol of shrimps so I just eat the white without the yolk as all the cholesterol is in the yolk.

1 Like

Right on. Eggs are controversial because they can cause high cholesterol but recent studies said eating eggs out weighs the risk, and they should be eaten in moderation. But I’m glad you are taking out the yolks, definitely a good move.

1 Like

The problem I find with sauces is that they’re too high in sodium even those who are labeled as low sodium.

Right, making your own sauces is so much healthier. Amino acids is a good alternative to soy sauce, but doesn’t taste the same.

1 Like

Same here. I don’t really keep track of it. Somedays, I have a tuna sandwich for lunch and a hamburger for dinner. Other times, I’ll have a PBJ for lunch and a vegetable casserole for dinner.

1 Like

I have 3 huel protein shakes a day That is 20g per shake plus all the other nutritional additives.

I weight 74.50 kg, so under on your scale by a whole shake.

1 Like

Well you meet the minimum protein requirement at least of 0.8g/kg of body weight.

1 Like

I do yoga for 30 minutes plus a day.

2 Likes

I need to eat 140g of protein a day as I weight 140kg lol though I am already down to 138kg with the diet I started 2-3 days ago. Probably more water weight at first.

1 Like

Good on you! the first 5 always goes quickly in my experience.

1 Like

I just try to make sure the food I eat has protein in it. Not so worried about carbs or fat, though sometimes I crave something sweet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.