Schizophrenia.com

How much do you pay for hospitalization in your country?

in Israel; after two months in the hospital, they take 80 Prozent of our disability money.
so we never pay for a mental hospital from our own pocket. meds often cost very little because of the state insurance, depending on which medicine.
the biggest money spend is on psychotherapeutic treatment. or on private doctors.

how is it in your country?

Here in Australia, you can go into hospital for a stint in the mental health ward and walk out without paying a cent. Doesn’t matter how long or short your stay is, or what treatments/medication they give you. We have a Medicare levy that we pay each year that contributes to national healthcare.

4 Likes

I’m the US I’ve only been hospitalized while uninsured once. I’m 2012. A 2 week stay cost $32,800.

1 Like

You pay for everything part of the Total fee for each day, meds, docs,… it’s more expensive if you want a room of your own. That’s the mandatory government insurance but a lot of people like me have a complementary hospitalization insurance which covers most of the costs.

What country do you live in? How much does a typical stay cost?

2 Likes

I live in Belgium. Last stay was 8 days. The government payed 2000€ for that and I about 350€.

2 Likes

Free here in QC Canada!

1 Like

I’m in the US. Ditto on cost. I was in the hospital back in 2008 and the bill was like $35,000.00. Right now the Medicare deductible on hospital stays is $1,484.00. After paying the deductible, it $0.00 copay for days 1 to 60, and $371.00 for days 61 to 90.

It’s too expensive to go to the hospital.

Here in Spain we don’t have to pay.

2 Likes

I was hospitalized 9 or 10 times and didn’t pay a dime. I’m in the U.S. and Medicare covered everything.

1 Like

Ive been hospitalized without insurance before and it was about $10k. It was a short stay. I have medicaid now and dont pay anything. Im in the US

1 Like

I’ve been hospitalised 13 times and didnt need to pay anything thanks to the NHS. Free proscriptions as well as dental care.

We don’t pay anything in Canada, but taxes are high and will go higher with Covid

2 Likes

what??? is it serious?? I’m in shock!

Yep. I was psychotic at the time and turned down medicaid because I didn’t understand what I was signing, because I was floridly psychotic, and had to pay the whole bill out of pocket.

1 Like

still supper expensive. we are paying zero.

1 Like

cool! you have a humanin and advances insurance but you also such freezing winters.

but you really paid them 10k. ?

1 Like

cool, were are you living?

in Israel it’s the same, we are a very expensive country, but we have a good national medical care. no one is here without insurance. actually my insurance is total free because of my disability. but also for everyone its not that expensive. 25$ for a normal person. with extra pay you can buy better options and bigger discount for dental an so on//

1 Like