How many years have you had

I just realized that this month or so marks the anniversary of my first hospitalization. Its been 5years since I got this illness.

How long have you had sz or sza?

6 Likes

I’ve had sza since January of this year. It feels like forever :sob:

3 Likes

More then then a year…!!!

1 Like

8 years now since I was officially diagnosed.

1 Like

I was officially dx 2.5 years ago because I lied and hid about my symptoms for so long

3 Likes

Slightly more than five years :cry:

2 Likes

Two years and 4 months ago.

1 Like

Two years since the dx. A lifetime of illness

3 Likes

Unaware, ashamed, scared, secretive and peripherally diagnosed (Social Anxiety Disorder, Depression and Bulimia) for about 35 years. Aware, informed, honest, and officially diagnosed one year and two months ago. Yay me!

3 Likes

Since I was 10 or less, it’s been more than 20 years, things get better then worse it’s a spiral.

1 Like

6 years since my first major psychotic break. but i was going downhill a few years earlier. basically from age 20 to now im almost 29

1 Like

Ya like @minnii and hozier said, I was born sick. When you’re pulled out by forceps and have the umbilical chord stuck around your neck after your mom had five straight miscarriages and a blood clot during pregnancy, the world seems like a very unclear scary place that you don’t have natural reactions to from the moment you exit the womb. I’ve had a lifetime of illness but my dx was officially over six years now. My dx DATE on my disability forms was May of 2005 though. I was 14. And my doctor nailed that spot on because that was right when I lost complete touch with reality. Although it wasn’t til I was 19 I started having psuedohallucinations and all the crazy psychosis. Previous I kept it bottled inside but when I turned 19 it came alive, my psychosis.

1 Like

one or two months until the fifth aniversary of my first hospitalization. Sick since the beginning of the universe though.

1 Like

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 1980 when I was 19. So I’ve had it for 36 years.
What a long, strange trip its been

1 Like

6 years its been

more than ten years, keep taking meds.

1 Like

16 years I’ve had schizoaffective disorder

1 Like

20 yrs. I’ve had schizoaffective disorder.

I was always different, but I liked how different I was. Maybe I was always “mentally ill,” but I saw it as awesome personality traits. Had tons of friends, everyone I met usually liked me. It didn’t become debilitating until a couple of years ago, and I’m hoping to get my first diagnosis soon.

1 Like

It must be 8 or 9 years now since I was first hospitalized and diagnosed.

1 Like