How long have you been ill?

How long have you been sick ?
I have been from summer 2010 i remember i was watching world cup and symptoms begin it is horrible syptoms it lasted too much
I am ill for about 8 years now
I feel myself walking as turtle in life
What about you ?

I was hospitalised in 2008. So 10 years offically.

2 Likes

I officially got hospitalized for the first time on July 31, 2008. So it’s been just over 10 years.

1 Like

Since June 2014, so about 4.5 years.

2 Likes

Most of my life, but had a bad parent so who knows

1 Like

until 1997 1515

2 Likes

I was diagnosed in 98 so twenty years…

2 Likes

I was diagnosed 95=2000. I don’t remember when. For 20 years now

1 Like

Well my mental health problems started in high school - back in 2003. However, in only got officially diagnosed with schizophrenia this year. Had been a long time coming.

I’m trying to tack down when it started but haven’t found a conclusive period yet… Using emails to track it down etc.

September 2017. Over one year since major symptoms started and a diagnosis was made.

Have made a full recovery and mimic the life of a normal human now.

Four years just about

1 Like

since 2010 but i have been feeling much better since about 1 year to 6 months ago

I got sick in 2010, so about 8-9 years.

Was diagnosed schizoaffective bipolar type in 2006. Prior to that i was diagnosed just bipolar. I’ve had problems most of my life i guess.

Sick since about 2010… psychotic break in 2012. Diagnosed 2013.

Since I was 19 in 1980. I think I was on the brink of going crazy for a couple of years prior to that but I think disco music was the tipping point that finally sent me over the edge.
(damn, that was a lot of bad music, bad clothes and bad hair)

2 Likes

First diagnosed with psychotic depression in '03. Diagnosed with sz in '12 when I tried to go off the PD meds.

1 Like

Depressive break at 23. Psychotic break at 29. Always had issues with thought but you learn to get by because you know no difference.

I remember vividly bad ocd behavior in my grade 1 playground. I’d have to do things in a ritualised way!

1 Like

I heard the voices for the first time in Jan 2017 (I woke up to them in the middle of the night), first psychotic break and hospital stay about 1 month later. But I was having paranoid thoughts for about 8 months before the voices. (so just under 2yrs)

1 Like