How many relationship had you experience

I been in many relationships, I also been in relationships on the onset of my psychosis, when my psychosis hit me, I stop calling her and we end up breaking up, wile on med I managed to have another girlfriend, I end the relationship after a year, she was too much stress, and I don’t regret it. after I had one for benefit, latter another one for another year but I had an psychosis due to drinking, my medication was increased, I had no sex drive, I told her that I have mental illness, but I didn’t tell her what kind, that immediately end up the relationship. now I am in better mental state than I was in all this years, I am just waiting to improve the remaining symptoms and lower my medication, than I will start dating and eventually find a girlfriend, but I don’t have hopes that I will manage it, I have to eventually tell her that I have mental illness and I don’t know how that will work out.

1 Like

Well. This girl had feelings for me from the beginning. I never wanted to progress. So we dated other people off and on always returning to hang out if we broke up with whoever. I also left the country for months at a time travelling.
one day I did get feelings for her but I am a bit shallow I guess didn’t find her attractive enough. I’d always avoid the bf gf question and say we’re friends or whatever.

I ended up liking her toward the end of the relation as we grew apart, it ended up her putting an end to it. Which is a good thing because I have a hard time refusing easy sex. It could of went on for another 10 years lol.

I Def have felt guilt about using her for sex when I know she wanted more.

Life goes on though!

1 Like

I’ve been in… Let’s see… Seven actual relationships. Three with women, four with men, and the only one that lasted more than a few months is my current boyfriend, to whom I’ve recently been engaged!

That’s not to say I haven’t also had a few one night stands, but they weren’t really relationships. I couldn’t tell you exactly how many of those I’ve had, but it’s a few. The funny thing is, nowadays I don’t even feel a sexual attraction to someone until I get to know them fairly well, so I couldn’t do the random encounter thing any more even if I wanted to!

1 Like

I’ve had only one real relationship in my 34 years. She’s moved on now. She’s married and has kids with somebody else. Sometimes, I regret that we broke up. I really wish we could have worked things out some kind of way. She was my first love. I haven’t been in a real relationship on that level since.

1 Like

I’ve had many relationships. Usually they’ve lasted six months or up to six years. But now I’ve been married for 22 years.

That’s a really positive news for me and for people with mental illness who wanna get engage and married,but what difficulty do you face before you get married?

Well, I’m older and I don’t think there were as many difficulties in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s as there are now. Some that I can think of now are AIDS, safe sex, gender openness, commonness of divorce, sexual segregation becoming common with the rise of “macho” models for men, crackdowns on impaired driving, the proliferation of drugs. You may be able to think of others.

I guess I’m oldest and had the most relationships. I wanted to have relationships and life held them out for me. I’m not sure what is asked in this thread.

Let’s see; when I was young, the gals wanted a young man who had a car and who could pass for normal, so I worked to acheive those statuses.

Jayster

3 Likes

Nowadays I think girls at my age looks for financial stability and having a mature thinking,these are two important aspect they are looking for,but I felt having a job,having a heart for improvement might be a plus point for a man too
I don’t look for a lot in a woman but I think I shouldn’t be desperate and should look for a woman who is suitable for me,gaining experience is probably important for me also.

5 Likes

I have had many relationships, only I bounced around a lot before I was ill because I was too intense for most women back then. I’ve been engaged four times and married once, also divorced. I am currently in a relationship. I don’t believe in marriage anymore though.

Intention has a way of getting addressed in life . . .

Jayster

1 Like

After reading this thread, I feel so hopeless. I love my boyfriend with all my heart and soul. He threatens to “leave me forever” because he thinks I’m sending people to kill him, which is completely untrue. I told him that if anyone tried to kill him, I would throw myself in front of him to save him. We used to be inseparable until these delusions took over. It’s like he has totally forgotten how happy we were. He shows no emotions anymore except anger that I won’t believe his delusions. I would be with him for the rest of our lives. But it looks like he is going to say goodbye forever and then act like I never existed. So I cry every day for the man that I love. Since he refuses to get help, I feel hopeless. I was his first real relationship. He only had a couple of one-night stands before me. We were going to get married.

I’ve had one long term cohabitation relationship. I don’t recommend it. Statistically it is bad for you to cohabitate before marriage.

The other guys I’ve dated are only that, dates. I never got too deeply involved with the other 2. They turned out to be horrible people anyway.

I have had three relationships. 2 of them were when I was young (6th and 7th grade respectively) and before I went through some things related to my psychosis that would make relationships very difficult for me. Both lasted 3 months, which was a decent amount of time for middle schoolers, even long. My most recent one I had was after my whole demon ordeal senior year of hs and it was very difficult for me. That relationship also ended in 3 months, which is well…not so long anymore.

I’m worried all of my relationships are going to go that way. I honestly don’t know if I could handle one now.

I’ve literally had too many relationships and encounters to count. With both males and females. Mostly females. I’ve spent most of my life kick’n it in the lesbian community where it’s all about serial relationships. At least it was in my age bracket (50’s). Today, I’ve settled down into a quiet, celibate life. Largely due to the stigma in the gay community surrounding mental illness. And, I’m not the only one who has experienced this. I am very happy with my new life. Happier, I think, than I was before. My former life was pretty disappointing because I could never find that someone special to settle down with,