How many of you have your drivers license

Professionals seem to always be surprised that I have my license. I have a very good driving record. It frustrates me.

5 Likes

I have my license. When you work on cars, it generally helps to have one.

2 Likes

I have a license and a car.

3 Likes

I do, but it’s not safe for me to drive anymore. It’s just for ID, and I guess in emergencies.

3 Likes

That’s several people I know. It never hurts to have it

1 Like

I got my first license at 17. I’ve had it most of the time since then and I’m 57. I’ve been in about 8 or 9 accidents; only one was my fault and no one got injured. I don’t even think the DMV knows I have a mental illness because they have never mentioned it and I have never volunteered the information. From 1990-95 I was in a board & care and the owners didn’t allow anyone to drive.

5 Likes

I have driving license and a car
I can only drive locally because of anxiety

6 Likes

I have motorcycle license. . But i cant drive due to cognitive impairment means concentration and focus. . Holy moly…!!!

6 Likes

I got a license. I’m definitely grateful my symptoms are manageable enough to drive

6 Likes

I had mine revoked. I have driven before much much worse than I am now - without a problem. My doctor really has annoyed me about this. I have 9 years no claims which I told him but he didn’t think it was safe…

I don’t want to sell my Golf as I love that car. Just a shame it’s sitting there not being used!

2 Likes

I have my license but am working on my anxiety so I can actually get out there and drive! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just got my license renewed for another 4 years. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I do and have a forklift ticket and experience in high reach forklifts. I worked for like 5 years when young in the new car industry as an accessory fitter. I can drive really well and still do. I have a decent car a guy from the cricket club sold me and it’s sweet.

I can drive well. I don’t necessarily like it! I drive conservatively…I don’t take risks and that has served me well over the years. It’s a skill like any other and you can learn it and improve it for sure!

6 Likes

The last time I tried to drive I got distracted by fire hydrants communicating secrets to me

1 Like

I had a license but when it came to renew it I couldnt pass the vision test due to keratoconus so am working on getting special contacts so I can give the vision test another try got eye exam appointment next month

1 Like

Sucks bcuz I love cruising I don’t have a car now but I used to love riding my 95 Nissan Maxima GLE had 15" kicker comp subwoofers and 18 inch crome rims on it wish I had a pic to show y’all then I sold it for a white 2001 cadillac DeVille with 20" chrome rims on it

1 Like

Now I take the city bus like the ultimate loser haha! It’s all good tho

2 Likes

I’ve had my drivers license for 37 years, and my motorcycle license for 13.

2 Likes

I renewed my driving license this year for LMV. for next 5 years.

3 Likes

I still have my DL, but don’t know how good it is, frankly. I think it expires in 2019. I don’t drive anymore. When I drank, I had a few accidents, which my insurance took care of. But that doesn’t erase the guilt I feel. Perhaps it would’ve been better to be arrested and face the full penalty. I’d probably feel better that way…

2 Likes