Schizophrenia.com

How Many APs have you tried?

• 4+

0 voters

I have tried so many APs and none of them have worked well enough that my pdoc leaves it alone. I’m hoping to some day find the right combination, even if that means being on more than 1 AP. Currently coming off of clozapine and going up on Abilify.

2 Likes

I really hope it works out for you and provides a relief from symptoms. It helps me also with anxiety and intrusive thoughts I feel like I have been able to be myself from it…have never taken clozapine but I took Seroquel that seemed to help for awhile…but overall this one has the least side effects.

2 Likes

Luckily I am able to function enough to hold a part time job, but my symptoms are still so distressing that I often take days off. Luckily my job understands mental health struggles and doesn’t punish me for taking mental health days.

2 Likes

I tried Abilify, Latuda, Zyprexa, Risperdal and small dose Seroquel (for sleep).

2 Likes

I am on Risperdal, its the best so far, no positive symptoms at all.

2 Likes

I’ve tried Trilafon, Haldol, Risperidone, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Geodon, Invega, Latuda, Clozapine, and Abilify. It’s been such a struggle trying to find the right meds. Currently the Abilify/clozapine combo is working but my pdoc wants me off of clozapine because of my high cholesterol levels and iffy lab results. I’m hoping the Abilify alone continues to help. We shall see

2 Likes

My only issue now with Risperdal is that prolactin is high in my blood tests but its not a bad thing Dr said, though he referred me to a pdoc as I want to try Strattera and add Rexulti to my risperdal for negative symptoms.

2 Likes

I really hope that the straterra and Rexulti help with your negatives

2 Likes

I take low dose meds for cholesterol and blood pressure. Zyprexa was the worst for my cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure. My family Dr told me its the Zyprexa causing these problems. I also gained lots of weight.

2 Likes

Zyprexa put 85lbs on me over 6 months. I didn’t change my diet or exercise at all

2 Likes

Not sure about my cholesterol or blood sugar as I was in the hospital while on zyprexa

2 Likes

I’ve tried Geodon, Seroquel, Latuda, Haliperidol, Abilify and now I’m taking Saphris with Rexulti.

2 Likes

Haldol, Invega and Abilify for me

2 Likes

I lost count…lol

2 Likes

Idk if I can remember them all. Let’s see:

Haldol, Perphenazine, Risperdal, Olanzapine, Geodon, Abilify, Stelazine, Risperdal Consta, Seroquel. And one more I can’t remember the name of it.

I am now on:

Risperdal Consta, Geodon and Seroquel and these work great.

2 Likes

Stellazine, Mellaril, Moban, Prolixin, Haldol, Geodon, Seroquel, Latuda, Abilify

3 Likes

Just 6 or 7. The haldol was a one time thing when I was freaking out in the psyche ward one night and thought I was having a nervous breakdown. The nurse gave me a little cup of it and it knocked me right out and I was fine in the morning.

2 Likes

The first time I took Haldol, it gave me such a severe case of akathisia that I stayed up all night in my room pacing the floor in a tight circle. They took me off Haldol the next day.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s powerful stuff.

2 Likes