How long until

How long of constipation until I should see a doctor or go to the hospital? A week, 2 weeks, less or longer?

3 Likes

Try and cure it. My sister had it so bad she had to go to the hospital and have it dug out of her… I take metamucile three or four times a day. If I don’t my toilet gets clogged.

I’m on Clozapine and get constipated all the friggin’ time. I’ll use milk of magnesia once a week, and if that doesn’t empty me out, I’ll drink a bottle of magnesium citrate. They use that to do a bowel prep before a colonoscopy…you can find it over the counter fairly cheap but you’ll need to set aside a whole day cuz you WILL be visiting the bathroom repeatedly. But it does work…

1 Like

Have you tried over the counter remedy. I would like to say go to the doctor if you have tried and are not feeling well and it is daily discomfort.

I didn’t go to a dentist for 6 months and if I went sooner the outcome could have been better for me.

3 Likes

Thanks @WhiteRaven @Kxev !

I didn’t go to the dentist for 3 years. I finally went and had FOURTEEN cavities and a root canal on top of that. Don’t recommend waiting too long to see a doc for anything.

2 Likes

I take Clozapine and used to get constipated from time to time. I take Movicol 1 x sachet daily, and that does the trick.

1 Like

This will clean you out:

If it doesn’t, there’s a good chance you have a blockage and need to see a doctor. You’ll know within about six hours after chugging a bottle of this stuff. It is used for cleansing before colonoscopies.

NOT a pleasant experience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.