How long have you been living with SZ?

I want to know how long some of you have had SZ for, I think I’m having delusions, in which I believe that everyone gets SZ every ten years or so and then “they” make it go away and you go on about your life once you’ve figured out what you will be doing for your life.

1 Like

I don’t think it will just go away by figuring out what you are doing, I think you are right in calling it a delusion.

That being said I have been diagnosed for 2 years 11 months and have been symptomatic for over 3 years.

I’ve had it for seventeen years. I’m quickly becoming an old timer here.

1 Like

Welcome back to the forum. I have been followed since2008. Diagnosed sz in 2014

3 years and 5 months. Shitty years indeed.

Back In 2005 I was crawling on the floors believing I was being watched with heat vision goggles. So I guess umm 15 years?

Officially 34 years.
I was diagnosed at 21 years old, I’m 55 currently.

3 Likes

Since december 2013 diagnosed.

Too long. My development was so gradual and so subtle.

It’s really sorrowful for me to identify now. I have an example as far back as the first grade and it’s making me “feel sorry for myself” something that I know is not the way to be.

im not sure, I’ve been diagnosed since age 26, now 35, so 9 years, but I think it may have started showing up with bad anxiety and paranoia, disorganized speech and thought, as early as 17-20, I didn’t even know what a psychiatrist was at that age, and wouldn’t have trusted them had I known what they did so I never sought help. it wasn’t until I was forced to see one, I was diagnosed as sza.

was first diagnosed at 18. Been living with it for 8 years now.

Dx in 2003. Sza ptsd gad with agoraphobia

First psychosis age 26. Diagnosed 3 years ago. 35 now.

I got diagnosed in 1988. I was 19 old years back than, but i think i was sz all my life, remembering always being asked whats wrong with me.

2 years controlled with meds

40 years. That’s about ten years less then Trumps been a di*k.

1 Like

I was prodromal around 1991 through 1997 and then schizophrenic ever since…so almost 29 years…

Diagnosed at 29 in 1999. I remember severe ocd behavior in first year of primary school. Depression in high school. So. It’s hard to say. Officially I’m into my 20th year on antipsychotics. I joined the version of this website in 1999. Long time ago.

Psychosis started in me at 17 but then I didn’t get a Diagnosis until 2013

1 Like

I had it from 1980-1990. Then I decided to take a break so stopped for approximately 5 years and then picked it back up.
I had it again 1995-2005 but then there was some confusion and I accidentally stopped for another three years before I realized that I missed it so I started right up where I left off. That brings me up to the present.