How long has it been since you abstained from visual media?

Well, I mean, I also love chasing that perfect Instagram shot, and I would absolutely be spamming pictures of how cute my kid is if he wasn’t at risk of being identified by his abusers. Like half the reason I tried all those new skills was so I could post pictures when I got it right and have people be impressed by me.

1 Like

It’s the way the world has become by people like zuckerberger and other digital media and social pioneers. It’s nobody’s fault. People caught on and it became hype, and now it’s like your a freak our social outcast if you don’t have facebook. And I’m not saying it’s wrong in any way.

I’m just saying to people who have, or suspect they have a addiction or problem with the internet in any way, there are options, it is possible to go against the grain.

When it comes down to essentials there is really very little people need to use the internet for.

1 Like

Unless you have a disability, or live in a foreign country, or work.

1 Like

True that. I actually had my first psychotic episode while working a full digital job, and I suspect the job played a big part in that. I have been doing analogue jobs since.

I work in a shop now. I do have to punch sales into a digital screen, but compared to a full digital job I have my digital time reduced with about 90% i reckon.

1 Like

^^^ What El Ninjoid said.

1 Like

Yeah. The problem for my part is that I kind of feel ownership to all the things that are accessible on the net(that are in my home), including all the shait. It stresses me out.

In my opinion microsoft or internet providers or whatever should have made it easy for people to customize their own internet and tailor it to their own needs. But nothing has happened despite that the technology to do so has been there for many years.

Instead me and a lot of other people are forced to seek out third party providers to get things how they were supposed to be in the first place.

Not to mention what a danger a open and uncontrolled internet poses to kids.

I dont do that, otherwise I will be staring at the ceiling all day and sleep. I cant do much bcz of negative symptoms, my cellphone and gaming on my pc are all I can do. Some cooking too, listening to music and vaping. When I was on Abilify I was hanging out with friends everyday and sometimes many times in a day.

1 Like

I think the whole premise here is insane. I grew up with the internet and screens and I don’t want to spend any time at all without access to it. It’s like asking if electricity is bad for us. Or heating. Or cars.

I am willing to accept your point of view if you are willing to accept that I felt a lot better mentally after abstaining from screentime.

That might merely mean that people react different to things.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re just using it in a bad way. Or maybe you’re nostalgic about life before the internet or something. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with spending most of your time online or in front of screens.

The fact of the matter is that people are very different in how they respond to things and what is good for them.

Did you for instance know that in France there is a alloted village in the mountains for people who are intolerant to electromagnetism? It’s no fairy tale. You can google it. They have no internet and only land based phones. There are no mobile towers. Thousands of people live there. It just illustrates that technology is not just that simple.

Sure most people tolerate it, but then there are all the people who are fatigued and have mental illnesses. Mental illness has skyrocketed after the digital revolution. Is that just a coincidence? Maybe, but I don’t think so.

I’m not saying technology is wrong, I’m just saying for some people it poses a problem in varying degrees.

1 Like

I think electromagnetism hypersensitivity is bogus and probably hypochondria and I don’t think technology causes mental illness or that mental illness has skyrocketed since the digital revolution. But if you don’t want to use screens or the internet because that makes you feel good, then go ahead and do that.

I think you are being ignorant. You assume everyone is coming from where you are.

I respect that digital things poses no problem to you, but don’t brush everyone off that thinks different for no good reason.

As regards to mental illness in my own country it is at it’s peak today and has increased a lot during the last 10 years. That is fact I have read at the national statistics bureau.

1 Like

I think if the money is right and the motivations are there, technnology can be used in bad ways – covert ways. Like whether they’re aliens or not, using satellites and radar towers to ■■■■ with people’s brains as a form of mind control and inducing and inflicting trauma/schizophrenia on people. Probably going on in history, but I think there are legit cases of technology being used against people and their knowledge and will by evil people with evil intentions. I’m talking about the worst of humanity here and history does repeat itself and people forget history.

Like with the movie inception, they can just send stuff down from a source into your head and mess with your dreams, no need to physically be around and use chemicals.

I’ve even heard stories of fake ufo abductions just to scare people and mess with them as sort of a ‘research’ and psychological project.

I will get an app like that, thanks.

I recognize your good experience of being disconnected to all this. I never really understand why people are so fond of all this technology. Though it is a bit weird posting this to an internet forum.

I think people indeed experience this differently.

1 Like

Yeah, we got to be a bit weird sometimes…oops…just got alerted I only have 5min internet time left today :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.