How I quit smoking over the last few days(not looking back)

I’m new to these forums so I’m sorry if this post should be in another category. This is a longer post but I hope it helps fellow schizophrenics in quitting
smoking.

I had to share this as I know this can potentially help other schizophrenics.
I remember reading study papers of stats on schizophrenics and smoking. The study showed how schizophrenic’s, once they start smoking, are more likely to be heavy smokers and how only something like 15-20% of schizophrenic smokers actually stop smoking, which is only half of regular society.

This takes a huge toll on the schizophrenics health. Ive been schizoaffective(schizo and bipolar) for 10 years now and started smoking around the same time. I saw it as a type of self medicating tactic that calmed me down when I was having an attack or had a bad experience, and also saw it as a way to meditate and think of different things to slow my mind down.

Just 2 weeks ago I was smoking half a pack and a half a day until just recently when I finally decided to use my e-vape vaporizer to try to quit(nicotine ejuice thing not thc). I wanted to quit badly and had to have my whole mind set on quitting all day long until I quit.

There have been times where I was in the hospital for up to a month at a time with only nicotine patches or lozenges but was planning on smoking as soon as I got out and did once I got out of the hospital. This is the first time I have free reign to smoke if I wanted to, but have not smoked.

I’m happy to say that I’ve been 3 days now without smoking. I know it doesn’t seem like a long time but it’s a huge victory for me as this has been the first time where I have been un-restrained from smoking, and free to smoke if I want to, yet have fought to quit. I have to say that the only thing that helped me to quit was determination and vaping nicotine salts nicotine.

It’s been tough to quit and have tried different things to quit, like lozenges and patches, and evape in the past(which is why I had the kit to try to quit). It took me tearing up my cigarettes twice. One of the times I had just bought the pack but tore them up anyway. The key is determination and persistence: setting your mind only on quitting until the urge to smoke stops becoming a habbit(this happened in the third day of vaping for me).

The key is nicotine salts. Regular free form ejuice(the ejuice that comes in 6 mg nicotine and has tasty flavors and large vapor clouds) does not work because it takes up to an hour for the nicotine to get into your blood stream. Nicotine salts ejuice comes in 50mg nicotine variety and the nicotine absorbs almost instantly into your bloodstream like cigarettes do(you need to low wattage vaporizer as well)

I hadn’t known about nicotine salts until I told the tenant at the vape store that I was trying to quit smoking. He shared that nicotine salts were what helped him quit. I hadn’t even heard of salts before then and I can say that it is what helped me quit, for these 3 days, as well.

I highly recommend 50mg nicotine salts and nicotine salts vaporizer to try to quit smoking cancer sticks. Yes it’s pretty much being a Guinea pig somewhat as there is not very much stats or research on what inhaling the vapor does to your lungs. It is know though that using evape is much better for you than smoking cigarettes as you don’t get the tar and thousands of chemicals that come with smoking.

In my experience over these three day is that when I woke up, or after I ate, I wanted to smoke a cigarette but just vaped instead. After you eat wash your mouth out with water to get the food particles out of your mouth as it’s not very good to vape after eating with the taste of food in your mouth.

I have been coughing a lot in the morning when I take my first hit of the evape salts, so start on a low wattage setting and slowly increase it as you cough less. My whole mind for the first two day had to be me being bent on quitting smoking and I had to be constantly vaping throughout the day but just keep at it and the coughing eventually will go away and you can vape as much as you want(if not coughing now and then).

I just sat in my room and vaped all day while I listened to music. If you like watching tv then vape while watching tv. If it you have to just sit in a chair and vape, then vape as much as you want, and the nicotine salt’s will strongly take away the urge to smoke. If you work, take a couple days off(if you can) to just sit in a chair and vape until the habits of smoking become less.

I’ve noticed over the past 3 days my urge to smoke is almost 0 because I’ve been chiefing on my vaporizer all day for the past 3 days. Try to avoid doing things that keep you from vaping constantly until your desire for smoking wane’s. I have a free form vaporizer(low nicotine but lots of flavor) and would vape that from time to time for a change of pace. Really in order to quit, and get rid of all of the nasty things associated with smoking, you have to set your whole mind on quitting while vaping as much as possible when the urge hits. If I can quit and am confident that I won’t go back, then I know that other schizophrenics out there can do it too!
I hope you all found this post inspiring to help you quit smoking. Just keep at and set your mind on stopping for a short while until you do. Thanks, Nicholas.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks TheCanuk! I was posting on here a little bit a few years ago but stopped. I hope I can help others with(and be helped) through these forum. Forgot how encouraging this forum is. Thanks again, Nicholas.

1 Like

Can you get nicotine salts at gas station?

1 Like

You can get them at many tobacco shops. Just do a quick google search for vape shops near you which is what I did to find the shops near me. You can also just call around to different tobacco stores to see if they have vape stuff. I find that vape shops dedicated to vaping are much better because they are dedicated to vaping mostly.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.