How do you see yourself 10+ years from now?

• Positive Outlook
  • Neutral/Same
  • Negative Outlook

0 voters

I believe in a positive outlook for the future. Even though I haven’t always held to that belief because of my many ups and downs, but i guess you can say I had a change of heart. Through listening to motivational speakers daily and doing affirmations. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” “We become what we think about.” For me, I have dreams and goals. BIG AMBITIONS! A philosophy that must continue. And I won’t let illness stop that. I’ve always put myself down and said I’m the bottom of the barrel because of my illness. I am if I believe I am. Les Brown had a teacher tell him “Someone’s opinion of you, doesn’t have to be your reality.” Your opinion* of you doesn’t have to be your reality. I know I have the seed of greatness within me. Instead of moping around and feeling like i’m sick and disabled and that there’s no hope. I really started to feel like I’m (we’re) all soldiers fighting for our life. The greatest battle ever fought was in the mind.

So to answer my own question. I believe our lives have day and night cycles every 7 years. Jim Rohm said to harvest during our good days because we can’t during the winter times. So right now I’m focusing on getting a career in computers starting next year. After working for a bit and saving some money my assistant pastor wants to take me back to his country in Africa to meet someone romantically. I was sick when i turned 21 and moved out when i was 27. I feel like my summer is going to be sunny. It can’t rain on my parade forever. After my entry level job work my way up. I want a big family. Maybe start a business at some point maybe in pc repair or web dev. Id love to write an inspirational book/book of wisdom/autobiography. I want to buy a black Lexus. My parents said they’d help me buy a house. So 10+ years id like to be a success story. married with kids a great career. working a lot. good car and a big house. and also in shape. go to the gym often. Not just all materialistic things but overall mind body and spirit. I want to know my place and position in my church. I promised God if he’d give me some things Id pray 2 hours a day and read at least 1 chapter of the bible. And raise my family in the faith. But i’ll admit the materialistic things shouldn’t be that big but it is.

So what about you? Whats your outlook? How do you view your future?

4 Likes

Good luck with your computer career, and your family ambitions!

I’m positive since my treatment regimen is totally quieting my voices, and it’s getting quieter by the day (right now it’s almost totally quiet, but that last 0.1% of voice volume is taking ages to diminish.) I also am able to wake up early due to not taking too many antipsychotics, so the rest is just up to my discipline to do home-based work without being distracted.

1 Like

I love an eternal optimist

good luck with all your goals.

I just hope to be alive, and staying active.

You’d be surprised how good everything looks after quitting
a substance use.

so yeah, you never know about the future, I’m taking one day at a time.

2 Likes

I would like only to quit smoking. That´s really all.

2 Likes

I doubt very much I will be around in 10 years

3 Likes

I doubt i will be around in ten years the way i smoke and drink, And i honestly could not give a flying Fck. I wont be the one kissing doctors arses saying taking med xx and yy in the hope i might get better. My lifestyle is unhealthy sure - but i will be dying in the comfort of my own home with a bloody smile on my face.

7 Likes

what’s your drink of choice

and brand of smokes?

I still smoke too, but not all my life, so there’s a chance for me.

I can see myself getting an associates degree soon in like 1-2 years depending on if it is math or computer science. Then I can hope I’ll be more recovered by then and then can get a job or career going as a programmer. I dont really want to get a ba/bs in math or computer science. I’m already 29 and old. I dont think I’ll ever have a family. Going back to my old school is out of the question.

All the other local schools that I can afford or get into are just okay in my opinion, not great. They are better for engineering, which is not what I’m going for. I’d have to retake math classes in most cases and take fluff classes.

All the good/great schools in my area are impossible to get into. Plus, I probably couldn’t pass their classes in the STEM field. So it’s best to just self learn in my case and hope I can make a couple bucks on a freelance site or something.

2 Likes

I’m liking that i read not that i like that i thought…

I would like to think I have an education by then, or that I’ve somehow gotten successful at becoming an illustrator.

But there’s no way of knowing. I could still be stagnating, trying to balance stress and symptoms. Who knows?

3 Likes

@Naarai Well I guess if that’s what you want I can’t fault you for that.

@Pikasaur So you want to be an illustrator? I’m not sure if you heard of wolfychu on youtube. She’s a unique girl. But i love her story. She has a draw my life but i also seen her ‘living with my voice’ vid first (i clicked on it because I thought it was about sz) lol…I feel like fate called her for what she does. And i feel the same for all of us.

Yeah its my choice - and i have capacity to make unwise decisions - And have had too many bad experiences in hospital for me to want to go there. :slight_smile: I already have pre-cancerous cells in my pancreas and im only 43. I would rather be a bit irresposible and be happy. :slight_smile: x

2 Likes

I may have been happiest when I was drinking beer

but mornings I was vomiting, and depressed

not to bring you down, Cheers!

2 Likes

Being a drunk with a broken spine in the gutter and its raining. Being left alone like a rat.

2 Likes

All my kids gone livingw elsewhere. I will likely be on my deathbed

1 Like

I think that comes to the best of us. I guess what’s important is to live without regret and a clean conscience.

1 Like

I don’t think about future I believe we all can achieve good things in our lifes

1 Like

When I get too old my health might decline but 10 years from now I should still be in good health so hopefully things will be the same… I can’t see it getting better due to my illness but I do plan to have kids in the next 10 years.

1 Like

Slightly better off financially, weight-wise and in a relationship hopefully :persevere:

1 Like

I’m trying to train myself not to worry about the future. There’s something called the ant principle. The ant prepares for the winter. While the grasshopper dies.

2 Likes