A poll on children

This a poll about whether you have or want children.

Do you have or want to have children?
  • I have a child or children
  • I donā€™t have a child or children but want them
  • I donā€™t have a child or children and donā€™t want them

0 voters

5 Likes

I didnā€™t vote because I sometimes regret not having children but Iā€™m not sure I would want them either. I am getting a little old for kids now. I donā€™t have children.

7 Likes

I would love to adopt a daughter

1 Like

I have a step son and a child on the wayā€¦ so wasnā€™t sure what I should put lol.

Donā€™t know if Iā€™ll want more children after this oneā€¦ even though I said I wanted to have a total of 4šŸ˜‚

2 Likes

well i have 7 nieces and nephews the thing is im over the little kids thing, i just want it to end, i like kids as they grow and become more mature, but each generation has kids and itā€™s a never ending cycle of poopy diapers. soon my nieces and nephews will have kids and iā€™ll be lucky not to offend them by not wanting to play with their kids. i feel obligated to play with my family kids but it is incredibly difficult for me to keep up the energy or try to be a kid again, which i donā€™t enjoy.

2 Likes

I had a baby and gave him to gay guys and thereā€™s not an option for that.

Also, there are a lot of mothers that have children and regret it.

Itā€™s a very real and common situation.

6 Likes

You make good points @anon54386108 .

1 Like

I used to think it would have been nice if I had a kid to look after me in old age, but with my Sz I donā€™t think I could have managed it.

1 Like

ehh children have never really been my thing, im also the oldest of 7 siblings and had to babysit ALOT and I hated it and now with my illness I have a good excuse for not having any when people ask :joy:

1 Like

My wife (ex wife now) and I were trying to have kids when we were married.
Thank goodness we didnā€™t have kids.
She was a horrible person.

2 Likes

i really want a child, or even two, a boy and a girl

but i have to be realistic

it would not suit me

i worry about everything and want everything to be perfect

what are the chances of that happening ??? (perfection), when I worry as much as i do and have a low stress tolerance and so fearful of so many things

2 Likes

I am really happy with the relationships I have with my nieces and nephew so no real need to have kids. Sure my mom would love more grandkids but being sexually traumatized as a ten year old can screw with your mind about wanting to get close to people. Most of my family understands my position and they accept it.

5 Likes

I never wanted a family when I was growing up. I never wanted to get married. That wasnā€™t my dream. But after I got pregnant and lost a baby to a tubal pregnancy I changed my mind, I guess it was hormones or something that kicked in. A few years later, when I was 30 I had my daughter. and 2 1/2 years later my son.

2 Likes

Never been a kid person. Never wanted one, never saw myself with one. And I mean no offense to the people with kids, but I donā€™t enjoy being around them. I donā€™t like that everything has to be ā€œkid friendly.ā€

I am not, and have never been, able to have a kid. And while I wish Iā€™d had a choice, because that would feel better to me, at least if not being able to have a kid landed on someone, better it be someone who doesnā€™t want them.

Wow. Donā€™t I sound evil.

Iā€™m really good to and good with and full of love for animals and all of my adult friends, though!

2 Likes

Iā€™d be a good mom, but I want to be less and less. Iā€™d rather just be alone, and not have someone to look after. I donā€™t want to have worries when I die.

1 Like

It is Hard to say, but I regret having a child
Not my son as a person because he is a wonderful human being and I love him. But Iā€™m too sick to be a Mother, and that is the opinion of both me, my exhusband and my son. Therefore my son lives with his dad and visits me every third weekend, and twice a year I visit him and his dad.
My illness began with postpartum psychosis/,depression so I didnā€™t know I was ill. But if I had known what would have happened over the last 11-12 years, I wouldnā€™t have had a child.
Of course my son doesnā€™t know that, but he realizes that Iā€™m not like his friends Mothers

1 Like

I longed for a child and had a son before I was diagnosed sza. If I had known I would come down with sza and what it would all entail and that it was genetic, I would probably never have gotten pregnant.

4 Likes

Schizophrenia screwed up my life. I had to drop out of University so I never got my degree and found a good job so I donā€™t have enough money and few women are interested in marrying someone with schizophrenia anyways, otherwise I wouldā€™ve had children a long time ago.

The reality is I very seriously doubt I will have ever children.

3 Likes

Having a child would have been a mistake. I donā€™t feel capable of raising a child and that he can thrive
I am too worried in general.
And then that would be too difficult in terms of fatigue, anxiety etc.

There is also a ā€œdetailā€, I live alone!

2 Likes

I said no, and I donā€™t want any, simply meaning I donā€™t want to start a family now. But if I met someone who had kids, that would be great because I do love children

3 Likes