How do you feel about Hawaiian bread?

Just making a sandwich and thought I would ask. My parents love it. I think it is too sweet. I’d much rather have plain old bread on my sandwich.

3 Likes

Sweet breads go with wine but a sandwich itself will do just fine

2 Likes

I feel pissed off! Hawaiian bread makes me angry. I want to smash it. The next time I see it’s face that’s exactly what I’m going to do. I’m probably going to bump into it in the bread section on Saturday and there’s going to be a brawl!

6 Likes

In fact, I’m calling Jerry Springer because that Hawaiian bread stole my man and I want to rip it’s shirt strap off and call it a bi**h in front of millions and smash it with a chair.

6 Likes

I’ve had the Hawaiian rolls and they were just too sweet for my taste.
Good maybe as a dessert but not for a sandwich.

2 Likes

Silly leafy.
:laughing:
fifteencharacters

2 Likes

I don’t know what Hawaiian bread is. Never eaten it. The only thing I know are Hawaiian Poke bowls.

2 Likes

It’s a really sweet bread. I think pineapple juice is part of the recipe.

2 Likes

It looks good I googled it.

Reminds me of Jamaican bread

Or brioche bread

2 Likes

We have it every holiday meal. I have a 24 pack in the freezer now.

2 Likes

I like Hawaiian King rolls, but yes definitely to sweet to make a sandwich with.

2 Likes

I love Hawaiian bread. It’s on the sweet side and soft. My favorite. I have it regularly before. Sandwiches and burger sliders. But great on its own too

I want to try Japanese milk bread. Supposedly super spongey kinda sweet melts in your mouth.

2 Likes

Come to think about it, Dave’s Killer Bread is also sweet.
I don’t mind making sandwiches with it but I prefer breads like rye for my sandwiches

1 Like

Don’t really care for it either.

1 Like

I love Hawaiian bread too much (if you know what I mean?) Anything sweet and I’m a goner.

2 Likes

My kid loves it. I usually am not a fan, but Mr. Star makes a special breakfast sandwich with it that I love. I didn’t know it stole @Leaf’s man though, maybe now I will eat it and chomp down extra hard so it knows we don’t stand for that kind of thing here.

3 Likes

@Ninjastar I appreciate the support. And to think I used to be a carb lover!

2 Likes

I love Hawaiian toast. Ham, a slice of pineapple overbaked with cheese.
0616643b8b2ae4f0d2c7e7c268bb1151

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.