How do you deal with anger?

How do you maintain? Are u prone to anger? I want to solve this problem I have when I have fits if rage. Haven’t many answers. Do we even need anger?

2 Likes

I use music for all my emotions especially anger. When I have rage I think of a verse of a song or chorus and repeat it in my head till I calm down. Most of the time it works but when it doesn’t I punch my heavy bag or pillow.

I use to count backwards from 100. Don’t think happy thoughts that just makes it worse.

6 Likes

I just have violent thoughts. Sometimes they’re intrusive thoughts though, other times they’re deliberate.

Wish the pain in my head would fully go away though, then I wouldn’t get angry so easily.

Not well. Really bad anger reminds me of my father and I don’t handle it very well. I tend to start crying like I did as a child.

2 Likes

I found it helps to take a step back from the situation. Afterwards try to figure out why you got angry and how you could handle the situation better in the future.

4 Likes

Most of the time I’m okay, but I do get frustrated sometimes. I usually calm down pretty fast, although sometimes when I end up exchanging too many words while I’m pissed, I’ll end up freaking out all day and thinking up weird and unrealistic solutions to my problems. But no violence, I’ll just pout in my room til it’s over lol.

I used to have terrible fits of rage when I was off my meds. It gets worse if you release the anger, it’s like a muscle you exercise more than a waste product you eject. Just my opinion, but you hear a lot from people who say that suppressing anger is bad for you. I think most of them are just repeating what they hear.

1 Like

I’m almost never angry. Apathy rocks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have a hitting problem. I got it from my parents. My anger is thoughtless of others. I’m really working on it. I just gave a sincere apology today. I can’t hit and be healthy both.

I dont deal with anger or strong emotions well. I get so overwhelmed I often punch or hit myself.

You sound like a counselor

1 Like

Thank you? I just know that helped me. I used to be very angry. Now my temper is normally pretty even.

1 Like

I would say I usually react with anger on one level or another. Sometimes it comes out as passive agressiveness. Sometimes it’s more intense. But how I deal with it is I would say the problem. I will either bury it deep inside and then it starts to effect my overall wellbeing. Right now I am learning to face it head on. Meaning sitting with it and simply feeling it. But being angry also alters my perception of the situation. I will want to say something in the moment but I know it’s under the guise of anger. And it might hurt the person. So I don’t. Usually the feeling will pass and I will restore to balance. I guess I need to figure out my triggers. And see if it’s just old stuff coming up.

1 Like

Usually when I think I’m angry it’s because I’m frustrated in some way. I try to focus on myself and my feelings of frustration rather than on what I am blaming.

1 Like

As I was driving to my noontime dental appointment, the office was calling me to say they need to reappoint me because one of the staff in the office is sick. That angered me.

I went to my pharmacy to pick up the pills I asked to be filled a few days back, and they didn’t have them ready. What? It is such bllsht .

Sew, I went to the grocery store to buy fruit for C. The quartered watermellon looked too good to be true. Well, yeah, they have them under a special light that makes them look nicer than they actually are. I’m pissed.

Jayster

3 Likes

I’m so very rarely angry that I can’t answer the question. I guess I just smoke cigarettes and imbibe on Friday’s to blow off steam.

1 Like

I smoke. It means I go outside, get some space from whatever is bothering me.

1 Like

I literally don’t get mad. Anger requires you to feel an injustice. I feel like I deserved all I got. As for wrong in the world around me, I feel like an undeserving victim, yes, but I don’t get mad. Just unhappy/unsettled. Maybe that’s one of the advantages of apathy; not feeling extreme emotions.

I can’t remember the last time I was angry!

1 Like

What about the injustice around you? That’s what really makes me mad. Not personal things but world issues like war and racism and all that.

3 Likes

I have very bad rage at times. Like shaking, fist clenched, homicidal thoughts rage. Sometimes I scream. It’s an awful feeling.

I usually blast music in my headphones and powerwalk until I feel better. Sometimes it takes hours or sometimes I have to go on multiple walks but it’s always worked.

Smashing things is really great too. But nobody wants to ruin their things and most people don’t have random things they can break.

4 Likes