Schizophrenia.com

How do I get walking again?

Mid 2020 I walked every day for 90 minutes and once I started living in an urban area I was too paranoid to walk, so I didn’t. Now I’m back at the suburbs and I want to walk again and did yesterday but now don’t want to today and I’m worried if I don’t do it today, I’ll completely drop it. Any advice?

Walk before it gets dark. Stay on streets that are well travelled, cut down your walking time if it makes it easier for you. I try to walk 30 minutes a day and it makes a huge difference.

2 Likes

Sounds like an uphill battle. AHA HA … LOVE

My advice is to keep the routine of leaving the house, even if you only manage to go to the end of the driveway and back. And then congratulate yourself for keeping your routine. I think Terry Crews said he keeps his gym habit by going to the gym even when he doesn’t want to work out, and just reading a book then going home. Because staying in the habit is more important than pushing yourself to accomplish big goals every time.

2 Likes

@ninjastar‘s suggestion is really good. I’d go with that

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.