Anyone take long walks like 2-3 hour ones

i feel great i feel healthier ever since i started walking again its so easy to do and i like to listen to music while walking makes the time go by really fast. i know 2-3 hour seem like alot but im really worried about ap side effects that i dont want to get heart disease or other illnesses.

4 Likes

that is impressive amount of walking. how many times per week ?

At least 5 times per week

1 Like

I don’t work so I have nothing else to do lol

1 Like

Wow that sounds awesome… I’m planning on starting my walks in the fall/winter because it’s way too hot now and my ap makes me very sensitive to heat. That’s something I aspire to. I wish I could run every morning by run I mean jog. But I have no one to watch my son. :disappointed:

1 Like

We even have a small gym in my apartment building but I’m afraid to use it because I’m afraid that my son will stick his fingers in the equipment while I’m exercising.

1 Like

You could do body weight work out at home to start it could be like 15min a day would be a good start better than nothing I always say

1 Like

Might try that thank you!

1 Like

Wow that is really impressive. I am trying to squeeze an hours walk in the mornings these days.

1 Like

There was a time when I would do that. But, nowadays it’s mostly just 40 min walks.

1 Like

I used to when I was a teenager it got me out of the house cause I hated being there. But now I have a bad knee and I can’t :frowning_face:

1 Like

Unless I went back and forth a very short distance from my flat about 20 times there’s no way I’d walk for 2-3 hours without someone with me. The chances of getting lost otherwise , and having a meltdown, would be too great .

1 Like

it is great exercise been doing more cos of giving up my car for electric bikes and busses
i cycle every day now but i hope that makes me fit enough to start with short hikes
the group does challenging walks…

1 Like

I understand your wish to stay healthy

it can be done
if walking gets boring do another form of exercise when you find something you will get enjoyment from

Yeah, I do. Sometimes I go out even longer if it is a big walk. What I normally do is get a map out and try and plan a route along it and go out and hike the route. It is normally more enjoyable if you go to a place you have never been before. Luckily England is packed full of footpaths so it is normally not hard to plan a route somewhere.

2 Likes

Yes once every 2-3 months. It’s really good. I don’t use headphones.I think about my life. I found a walktrail years ago which takes me 3-4 hours. I take lots of breaks.

1 Like

That’s very good. Though I don’t walk that much I do take a 30 min walk in the morning
and then another 20 min walk in the late afternoon with my dog.

She is just small so that is good enough for her.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.