How do I get rid of the delusions

My neighbors hiring someone to kill me or they themselves hurting me. I haven’t thought about it in a while and I just wish it would go away. I hardly ever leave except to my parents places. Grocery store. Why do I have to explain myself?

I’m sorry for bringing this up again but talking with y’all helps.

9 Likes

I think you are doing well and have some insight.
Maybe you should be more critical and rational when dealing with these thoughts and beliefs.

4 Likes

How dumb would they be to have me harmed just because they don’t like me?

2 Likes

That may be one argument, also thinking rationally how much they really dislike you could be helpful.
Usually neighbors are busy people with a rich social life, unless there have been clear and serious episodes of hostility, they will probably think about you no more than a few seconds a day.

3 Likes

I don’t think your neighbors want to hurt you but I know it’s hard to ignore thoughts like that.

We’re here for you @roxanna

4 Likes

I know how you feel @roxanna, because I can’t shake the belief that my mother in law (and perhaps other in laws) want to harm me. The only thing protecting me is my husband’s presence.

Sometimes I wonder if it’s just projection of my feelings onto them but it’s true my feelings towards them and very real. They dislike me because I’m mentally ill and a burden and I’m unsuitable wife for their son/brother

My mother in law tries to control me thru my mind and sometimes she can read my thoughts if I make eye contact with her

She may well know that I suspect her intentions towards me

1 Like

i use to have these problem too, i thought my whole family wants to kill me until i was on medication i realize it was just a delusion in head. I felt really silly about it.

3 Likes

I just wish it would go away. I’m still getting better in other ways. Stressing over Bs

2 Likes

The neighbors said kill her about me. They’re going to harm me. Now I’m worried.

I had to delete all my social media profiles. My sister told me to because she had Googled my name and found my Quora account. So I went onto LinkedIn and contacted them directly about some bizarre accounts I’d set up whereby I’d used a different name and given job experience that simply wasn’t true. I find it difficult coming to terms with the delusions, but believe me it does get better. At least you’ve noticed that they were present, which is key. I used to believe that my watch was bugged by the intelligence services, that the red light in the television was reading my mind and many other delusions or beliefs that simply weren’t true. It’s important to analyse in your mind whether something is factual or not, by looking at the facts that are presented and seeing if it all fits together or not. In many cases it doesn’t and this gives me no surprise when I hear that schizophrenia or the effect of the medication has an impact on intelligence.

2 Likes

Upstairs female said something to a neighbor down the way to make her curse me out. When going by door.

I had these when unmedicated or when meds didn’t work. Did you try Clozapine?

2 Likes

I just think my landlord is going to evict me. She hasn’t really given me any reason why she doesn’t like me.

1 Like

Stay strong @roxanna.
Just keep taking your meds and keep trying to ignore the voices.

2 Likes

I kept going unconscious on clozaril. Fainting. I’m med sensitive.

2 Likes

Then talk to family it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.