How did you know you had schizophrenia?

I learned I had the illness when one day I got in the car, I turned on the radio, and the radio was broadcasting about me. Every caller that called in was talking about me. Then I turned on the TV when I got home and everyone was talking about me. It was the most scariest sh#t I’ve experienced in my life. I still can’t tell if it is real or not but that was a scary experience.

3 Likes

You’re deep in the Truman show delusion. Can’t will yourself out. Only options are meds and some supplements (like Amyloban), maybe PEMF and something else I won’t mention until I have more info.

1 Like

It took me quite awhile for me to accept that I had Schizophrenia. It took involuntary invega injections to clear my head before I accepted it.

2 Likes

I knew other szs and found myself like them. Just today, I thought the light in my room was blinking like threatening a power outage but no one else noticed anything wrong. That’s when I have to doubt myself. It makes me not want to be alone.

2 Likes

Everyone was telling me my way of thinking was off and I got sent to hospital and they told me there

1 Like

What were you experiencing that made you think you may have had it?

Millions of different things…paranoia about food poisoning. Water contamination. Receiving “signs” from my environment that I thought were messages to me…thinking other people were being controlled by outside forces…just a million things. I went through several different episodes before I accepted that I had schizophrenia, so I had lots of bizarre beliefs.

1 Like

Funny enough I was watching a movie on schiz and convinced myself I had it …then managed to convince my doc at the time

1 Like

May I ask how long ago when this happened to you. Mine has been approximately 12 years and ongoing ever since.

2 Likes

It made sense. Was always a little different and getting on the meds helped me out a lot. I just became less prone to paranoia and things like racing thoughts. It wasn’t overnight and was a gradual process but it eventually became obvious.

1 Like

When I started hearing voices basically

1 Like

I didn’t know I had schizophrenia until a pdoc diagnosed me with it. I breathed a sigh of relief because there was medication that would help. My mom originally insisted that I see a psychiatrist.

1 Like

Idk, I had weird delusions. I kind of figured I did. Schizophrenia runs in my family. Two of my aunts and one of my cousins also have it. I looked up the symptoms and said that’s it!!

1 Like

I have been going through this for almost 4 years.

Sorry. Can I ask what kind of medications they are prescribing you?

I was explaining to a clinician about the way I organize my voices so I can keep everyone straight and he diagnosed me with it.

Its right after I attempted suicide where voices told me to kill myself bcz I am God, so I did and ended up nearly dying from liver intoxication Drs told my parents in the emergency. I told the psychiatrist that I am Jesus and he diagnosed me with psychosis which turned into sz after a month where I had another psychosis.

Mines been 11 years and still going, too

I suspected that I might have had sz when I was 17 taking the city bus when my boyfriend asked me to stop the bus. I didn’t know how to stop the bus and became very flustered thinking he could read my thoughts and could tell I was flustered.

When they told me at my first visit to the behavioral health unit… took awhile to sink in