How are you connected to the internet?

Hi,

I suppose that there’s different ways to have an internet connection in your country.
Here in my town, I have a DSL connection. I’m waiting forward to fiber connection, but my internet provider is in conflict with the fiber network owner.
Normally, i will be resolved soon. (December probably.)
It’s soooo slow… I have to legally download some music software that are BIG files…

1 Like

Mobile internet

2 Likes

I use to use my mobile too. It’s fast enough to download some stuffs or to make phone calls with what’sapp.
The problem is I only have 20 Gb data.

1 Like

I have Wifi in my apartment. I mostly use it, but I have 3GB data on my phone for use when I am away from my apartment.

1 Like

I have cable internet. I pay a little over 70 a month. It’s super fast. I’ll post a speedtest from https://www.speedtest.net/ later tonight when I get back.

1 Like

I am on our DSL wifi. I would much prefer our local cable ISP but this is what my parents use so I get by with it.

1 Like

Do you have cable network or something else ? :slight_smile:

Here in France, there 's almost no cable connection.
Only fiber, DSL, satellite, and mobile.

1 Like

My Wifi is with the cable company. My phone and computer both use it. I pay the cable company each month for it. It also streams TV.

1 Like

Wow cool !
70 is expensive but it is well worth !

1 Like

Wifi through my cable company. When not connected to wifi, I have 5G on my phone.

1 Like

Cable. We have top tier because of a promo my husband got. It’s pretty fast. When and if the promo gets cut, well have to go to a lower tier and it’ll be slower.

1 Like

Mobile internet. A mobile sim in a wireless router.

2 Likes

Here we have a “box” . It is provided by the internet provider, and as well as for fiber as for DSL, we have TV network with it.
Some people like me just have a simple modem, cause I don’t need a box, I just watch netflix or youtube with my chromecast or with my smart tv.

ok !
The fiber optic speeds here also vary depending on where you live and the distance from the “centralizer”. (I don’t know what it’s called.)
Some providers in Paris for example offer crazy speeds, but for someone who lives in the depths of the country, it will be more difficult. He will have to use DSL, mobile, and ultimately satellite.
But I think the fiber optic network is starting to gain importance, but not everywhere of course.

I think i dont have a limit

1 Like

I have fiber 1135mbps download 825mbps upload. They called me to upgrade to a faster speed but I refused obviously. Anyways my AX Wifi can’t do more than 900mbps to my PC on 2nd floor, modem is in the basement. I had 60mbps for 20$cad/month before but they offered me that 1gbps fiber for 55$cad, I couldn’t resist the deal lol My parents pay for it anyways.

1 Like

This guy on reddit has the same ISP as me but has the faster package than mine:

2 Likes

Sometimes WiFi, most often plugged into the wall with Ethernet.

1 Like

I wish I could pass an ethernet cable from the basement to my pc on 2nd floor. I asked an electrician he told me to just get a good router.

1 Like