Schizophrenia.com

How are you connected to the internet?

Sounds like a lazy electrician :stuck_out_tongue:. I used to electrical work. It’s generally not that hard to find the right spot and drill a hole :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

How fast is the internet in the US? Do you guys have Google Fiber 1gbps? @Bowens

1 Like

I read that my ISP will soon have 2.5 and 5gbps packages, crazy.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know Aziz. I haven’t supplied my own internet connection for about 8 years and therefore have not kept up on the technical details of it. I use my parents DSL.

1 Like

Currently with Plusnet- plain dsl but will go over to BT fibre on the 27th. Plusnet has never been overly fast. My (s)daughter has used her laptop here, and the speed is slow. Last 10 days so umpteen time outs and ‘sites not found’ .They claimed there was no problem their end, but also said they’d made changes ,which they hadn’t told me about. I’d made no changes to my network settings. My (s) daughter persuaded me to dump them. I’d been thinking about doing so since their decision to raise their prices each year by inflation +2%. That for me is the greedy,immoral side of capitalism .

1 Like

My home is gigabit Internet Fibre 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps)

My smartphone is 5G

My laptop supports wifi 6

1 Like

WiFi. I bought a network card for my PC, so everything is wireless at the Banana household

2 Likes

I did that, I have a gigabit switch next to my modem, I just fed the Ethernet cable from the switch through the air vent from the basement up to my brothers room which is just above the modem room in the basement. I did that like 10 or 15 years ago and it still works fine. AC in the summer and heat in the winter doesn’t affect it at all.

1 Like

You mean central AC? I don’t have that, only wall AC with the AC outside the house. I have no airvents.

1 Like

I am afraid of making holes in walls, afraid of hitting an electrical wire or a water pipe.

1 Like

Yeah, I have central AC but that is not what I am talking about. My house was built in the 50’s and didn’t come with central air, we added it in the 80’s, but the vents in the house have always been there since the house was built.

Don’t you have vents around the house in each room where the heat comes in during the winter? I have a vent in the basement ceiling and a vent in my brothers floor. I fed the Ethernet cable through the roof vent, then through the “tubes” in the ceiling that connects all the vents, then up through the vent on the floor in my brothers bedroom, then into his computer.

1 Like

This is my current internet speed. I only pay 70 per month :smiley:

2 Likes

No, I have electric heating system.

H-6520

1 Like

ok, okay. Then I guess it’s either wifi or drilling holes.

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 21-52-30 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I don’t know what “just” the Internet costs, we bought a TV/Internet/phone bundle so it was cheaper getting everything from the same provider as a package deal.

That ping is a little high, it’s usually 3-5.

1 Like

@_@ whoa

1 Like

I have a smartphone with 4g. The phone itself has 16gb native memory and a 64gb micro SD , for a total of 80gb. I have a lot of music files. Legally.
I get my phone for free through a Gov’t program called the Lifeline program. People who qualify by receiving certain Gov’t benefits can qualify for a free smartphone, free unlimited voice, text, and 4g internet. Basically you have to receive foodstamps, general assistance, Medicaid, that sort of thing to qualify, basically be flat broke penniless. Like me. Nice phone though! :grin:

1 Like

My building has cable but I just pay for the Broadband and not TV

Because it’s cable there is no line rental and I don’t have to have a house phone as well like a lot of people

I pay £24 a month for 50mbps

Fibre. I did have gigabit speeds. But i thought it was overkill (and moneys been tight) so i just get 80 over 20 Mbit now. That suits me - and the bills cheaper at £28 a month.

I have fibre. And mobile data.