Horror movies that caused you psychosis?

Horror movies, the ones which are made so good that you can’t tell if it was real or acting…I got really missed up by “Paranormal Activity” it caused me a horrible episode that I still remember it until now since years.
“Chucky” as well when I was a kid, it started to miss around with my head, I spent most of my life afraid of dolls that looks like babies.
One of my friends had a huge fear from anything related to the movie “The Ring”. lol it’s funny that this movie don’t really scare me but, when I get a psychotic and phobic episode I get to see people like that girl in the ring movie, the same scary, messy, and black hair.
Did any movie caused you psychosis, delusions, or an episode?

2 Likes

Horror movies do not really bother me. It was the Pay It Forward Movie with Kevin Spacey that sent me into a downward spiral. :sunny:

I’m confused ! how could that movie trouble you?

nothing scares me , and when i watch films with pscho’s in them , i realize that is me i am the guy everyone is afraid of…infact i am more scary than any nutter i have seen in any film ! the difference is i have not acted on it !
take care

3 Likes

most horror films make me laugh more than make me scared im sure steven king’s IT scarred my older sis for life she still cannot stand balloons and bans them from her house even tho she has kids.
but for me i watched the film the shining on my own one night when i was about 9 or tn i just remember walking round making sure all the window and doors were all tightly shut.

1 Like

Paranoid about getting murdered after that movie+ it was depressing. :frowning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZtNIszHFL4
1 Like

Mobster movies make me paranoid. Horror movies just plain freak me out in the head. I’ll stick to comedies.

1 Like

Don’t watch the movie “Clean, shaven”, its a very serious depiction of paranoid schizophrenia and will scare the ■■■■ out of you. I had to stop halfway through, I couldnt take it, it reminded me too much of my psychotic times.

1 Like

This movie doesn’t scare me, but it have something annoying when he keeps on cutting him self involuntarily, voluntarily, it’s nerve racking.
But Paranormal activity is all what my sz is about, all the stories introduced in that movie were part of my sz…And the way I saw the movie at my friends’ house, they told me it is some sort of documentary, as an attempt to scare us…It really caused me damage.

1 Like

Not just horror movies, drug movies, war movies and any and every single movie about kidnapping, human trafficking or anything of that nature.

I don’t watch very many movies. I once had an episode in a movie theater when I was 16. It got bad so fast, cops were called, I was physically removed. I am so glad I didn’t end up shot.

1 Like

no from what i recall is that my psychosis are more inline with other genre of movies
like the matrix, the fountain, donnie darko, and such

my delusions however are mostly bibicle in proportions
yet those are the songs, lyrics,random visuals in my daily life,
and what people randomly say to me on the street.

i dont know why

2 Likes

Alice in Wonderland scared me when I was a kid. I don’t watch movies much.

1 Like

There’s an older movie, called Jacob’s Ladder. I think it starred Tim Robbins? I think this is the guys name.
I watched it when I was psychotic at the time - Very dark and bizarre movie.

1 Like

i remember that movie that was cool.
take care

Yeah it was a cool movie, I think , but Im not sure that the main character had schizophrenia - I could be wrong though.
I was pretty psychotic during that period in my life, I couldn’t tell you what the movie was about.

I remember my behavior changing after the Avatar movie. Afraid those blue things would jump out at me. Ahhhhh :running: :running: :running:

1 Like

Natural Born Killers is exactly as the title suggest. Nothing but murder and bloodshed. I remember watching this high and thinking I should turn it off.

2 Likes

movies have never caused me psychosis but some do bother me.

Paranormal activity was one of those that is bothersome, just to think that ■■■■ actually happens, it’s probably happening right now actually. That is what freaks me out, not the movie but that it can and does happen. I met a guy once and he caused a hallucination, a vision, just like the story about “samuel”, it was a hallucination, after it was done he barked at me that “im a black witch!” Just to think, it’s really real, that is what bothers me.

The “fourth kind” freaked me out after i realized that was happening to me, there were supposed aliens in it and they always showed up at 333, after i saw an alien the first few minutes of psychosis i began looking at the clock at the same times, one of those times was 333.

The 3 oclock thing in emily rose freaked me out as well, because that was happening to me.
“Somebody” showed up and it was three all the time, and then they told me i was schizophrenic.

1 Like

Hostel was ■■■■■■ horrifying as well.

That stuff happens to, rich and powerful people killing for fun, and they made a dam movie about it and sold it to people, wtf!

2 Likes

Honestly, I am feeling so fragile that even ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ sets me off - like - ‘A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys and girls’ - like - what the hell - it’s terrifying: so, sweety, we are all going to die. everybody u know and love - boys and girls but obviously not dragons - everybody will die. good night!

1 Like