High prolactin levels on invega shot

Hey everyone I’m new here. I’ve been going back and forth on invega sustenna for years now. It’s been 4 years of hell. The doctors keep putting me on it even though it always makes me lactate. They say it’s the best med for me which I don’t get, because since I’ve been on it my mood has been very low and I feel way more depressed. I was misdiagnosed with pychosis back in 2016. They keep putting me on the shot because my “family” thinks I’m crazy. I ended up getting in a program called fact team thinking they would help me get my disability and get my own apartment and they ended up putting me back on invega. I’ve been on it since Janurary of this year. They wont let me get off it. I don’t wanna be on this med. Any advice on what I should do? My prolactin is very elevated as well it hasn’t went down cos they keep putting me on it. My mom wont let me get off it either. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I have never been on injection, but you can try:

Make a list of negative side effects and how often they occur, as well as any symptoms that the medicine doesn’t help with and how often they occur, then take that to the pdoc and make your case for different medicine. Generally if you aren’t coping, they will try something new.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
My doctor is always up for trying me on another med. If it’s not working for you let them know and see if they will let you try something else. I didn’t like Invega either. I’m on Aripiprazole(Abilify) now. If you’re an adult and not court ordered to be on Invega then I see no reason why you can’t DEMAND to be put on a different drug or threaten to quit them completely. Seriously, I would suspect doctors and family would be more open to you trying a new drug rather than quitting altogether.

1 Like

What meds did you try? Are you on Invega bcz other meds didnt work?

1 Like

Why do they think you are “crazy”? What did you do?

1 Like

Nope well maybe yes I’m not sure I’ve been on Aristada and Abilify depot and I liked both of those. It’s really my mom and the doctors just not listening to me.

I was just going out more and hanging out with people I guess my family didn’t approve of it but I’m 23 so I don’t get it lol

Abilify doesnt raise prolactine like Invega. Were you stable on Abilify? Why did they change it?

Yes I was stable on abilify my mom didnt like it so they put me on something else.