High heart pulse

Hello, I take pills for 5 years and already tried various kind of antipsychotics. I have around 100 pulses when I sit or stand and when I go upstairs just 2 normal stairs I have around 150 pulses. I can’t imagine running or other sports. Do you have similar problem?

1 Like

My heart rate at rest was 120 bpm when I was on a higher dose of clozapine. That’s why I reduced it. On Invega it is better.

2 Likes

I used to have a fast heart rate. But once I started exercising and losing weight, my heart rate slowed down considerably

2 Likes

Hmm I thought weight is metabolism problem and in general exercise doesn’t help too much. But I’m not sure about it

My resting heart rate is usually between 75-80 beats per minutes

1 Like

I have thyroid problems my resting rate is around 100 bpm

1 Like

Since switching from Abilify to Risperdal I gained 90lb and now my heart rate at rest is 90-100. I read that gaining weight increases resting heart rate. My Dr said not to worry.

It’s a math problem. More calories going in than being burned off means they get stored as fat. Burning more than you consume means your body uses fat (and other tissue) to generate fuel.

My BP went up just hurrying walk. I’m on metoprolol. It helps your heart to settle down. I don’t like clozapine. I had really bad side effects when I was on it for a week. Try taking deep breaths.

1 Like

Ive decided to solve my problem with my heart rate cause I have this problem a long time before I gained weight, with my general doctor we have suspension that it could be from Alventa which I take against depression. So if someone takes this medication I would be happy for sharing information. Im also going to cardiology. It is needed cause I would like to exercise on a treadmill.

I have 110 hpm usually.

1 Like

and is it from pills in your case?

1 Like

We don’t know.
Probably due to weight

1 Like

that is like a circle, Im afraid to exercise cause when I move or walk my heart rate is really high

2 Likes

You could just walk. That way your heart rate won’t go up too high and you remain fit.

1 Like

yes you are right. Im going to buy a treadmill for beginners. Something not expensive but in avarage quality. Cause it is not enough when I go to a shop every 3 days. And yes maybe Im lazy but still Im afraid to meet other people in the street and what they think about me. Im rather at home.

3 Likes

Mine is 90-100 at rest probably because I am almost 140kg.

1 Like

My drs said its harmless and not to worry like my high liver enzymes.

Ah sorry, Im not so bad as you at least so far. Im around 87kg and 173cm but I dont feel good especially with my heart rate.

1 Like