Hi guys, Im new here and I had an appointment with my psychiatrist today who told me I was cured of schizophrenia and I can come off my medication now. Whats going on?

OK… I dunno what triggered u but my advice is watch ur stress levels. All the best though it sounds like things are going the right way.

On the other hand, don’t just look for a doctor who will tell you what you want to hear or not, especially when it comes to making decisions about your health.

2 Likes

Welcome back! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Maybe you can come off the ap med’s, but be careful when you do. I think a small percentage of sz’s do spontaneously recover from sz.

2 Likes

I’m fully recovered on medications. The minute I go off my meds, I quickly relapse. You will know the truth after you’ve been off meds for a while. Give It about six months. If you don’t relapse after about six months or more, you’ll know that your sz is indeed cured.

It is. They took me off 5mg Abilify. I’m now on 10mg Abilify. Be careful.

Huh? She’s been before ?

Hello, I’m wondering which medication you were on that treated your thought broadcasting.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.