Hey had a decent morning and afternoon

My case manager said today she wants to work on building my confidence. I told her my therapist’s idea to cook simple meals for my partner. I said I can kinda make spaghetti, grill cheese and mac and cheese. Not much.

My case manager today took me to McDonald’s for lunch all i got was a soda and a chicken sandwich.

5 Likes

thats great, i got problems with that too, i havent been shopping for a while again and i cant cook :confused: it makes me feel useless like i cant even feed myself properly :frowning:

I completely understand! I feel that way too. My therapist had the idea from when I said often I’m alone and eat ramen or sandwiches. She said maybe my case manager can help me learn simple meals. Then my case manager if I want she can come over on a day my partner doesn’t work and surprise my partner with a simple meal.

She said something else too. She said if I want she can go for a walk on nice days with me. But she’s worried about my anxiety and said if it disrupts my routine or it gets out of hand to text her

2 Likes

sounds like they are suggesting positive steps for you to move forward and gain new skills and thats great.

i dont think anyone can help me with this problem i have though, i was hoping to volunteer in a cafe and thought thta that might help but i doubt, i’m just not very good at caring for myself, i have some good points and bad points i guess.

1 Like

I was suppose to start volunteering at a cat shelter but I don’t have a way there and back. Especially with the ankle hardware removal surgery last month I don’t think I can walk to and from.

My mother in law said if I need help cooking she could help but I dont want her help

2 Likes

i just do what i can lol

2 Likes

I do just a little cooking to get by. About every two weeks I make some sort of recipe and then save the left-overs for about 4 additional meals. The recipes are simple: meat loaf, chicken in mushroom sauce, and tuna casserole. Spaghetti is fairly easy too.
I eat a lot of hamburgers and I eat cut-up chicken with sauce added.
I hope this helps you a little.

3 Likes

Nice. Sounds good. Good for you.

1 Like

My case manager said she wants to build my confidence too.

1 Like

I’m trying to boost my self confidence too.

1 Like

I used to volunteer at an apartment building that was just for pregnant teens. I would teach them how to cook on a budget. I loved going that but then I moved.
My suggestion would be to find a beginners cook book and as you get more confident you will try other recipes. Cooking is fun!

3 Likes

Maybe take a taxi there and see if one of the other volunteers there could pick you up and take you back?

1 Like

I can cook, and apparently quite well (according to my partner). But i don’t cook anymore. I simply have no motivation, drive, interest…whatever you want to call it. I would like to get back into cake baking because this was one area i used to really enjoy. Baking cakes, decorating them and then taking them into work to share. What meal do you plan on making your partner?

1 Like

I thought something with hamburger. I don’t know yet. My in-laws don’t want me to cook said I could burn the house down

I got a chuckle out of that-- “burn the house down.” But actually it sounds like your in-laws are discouraging you.
You could look on the internet for a recipe that uses ground beef. One simple thing is to buy Hamburger Helper and follow the directions on the box.

That’s actually thought about doing both of those. My partner’s favorite hamburger helpers is one of the Mexican ones. With corn chips and you mix a sour cream packet with it

1 Like

Good for you @cbbrown! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might try an easier hamburger helper like chili mac or strogonoff.

1 Like

Be healthy! Serve vegetables with whatever you fix.

I think her veggies are broccoli or peas. I don’t like peas. She hates cooked carrots. My mother in law serves green beans with beef broth…my partner liked that or sometimes with garlic salt

1 Like