Hey guys - Update

So… I saw my first pdoc that said I had sza and she’s now conviced I have bipolar instead. Will start new meds once my pdoc is back from vacation and discuss the dx change.

Things are well with me, pretty happy, social and productive. Some issues around the house but nothing I can’t handle.

Hope everyone is alright and there isn’t too much drama around the forum, treat others the way you want to be treated. Barbie BF used to post about the Golden Rule around here, it’s probably time to bring that back.

Since my dx changed I probably won’t be coming back, unless to check on how everyone is doing.

Have a great Christmas, don’t let the holidays get you down it’s only once a year. And happy new year too :slight_smile:

:heart:

31 Likes

Man queen is back …happy ur progress towards diagnosis…!!!:sunglasses:
but why do u say like u won’t be checking don’t say that …i can’t live without U…!!
merry X-mas to u and ur family…hope u do further good and progress in ur life.
lope UUUUUUUUUUU :heart:…!!! thanks take care…!!!:love_letter:

5 Likes

Minnii! Yay! So happy you dropped by my Portugese Amiga.

Take care and let us all know how you are from time to time (please – if you can).

But it’s interesting how your diagnosis has changed. Mine was changed from Sz - paranoid type to Sza about a couple years ago.

I am happy to hear the good news. Again, take care :v:

1 Like

lol minni, way to go with the diagnosis change, is that better or worse? i think its better but i guess you will know, and does that mean you have been cured of your sza or just misdiagnosed? lol

good luck with the future and everything you do :kissing_heart: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s better or worse, it’s basically the same as sza. More stable periods maybe. It was a misdiagnosis of paranoid sz, later sza and now they’re inclined for bp. Can change again, who knows? :smile:

Thanks for the well wishes guys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mine was the other way around, they said I had BP2 and now say I have SzA. I hope your new treatment helps though. Lithium is like magic, it helps so much with the mood swings, you should try it if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

i will miss you!!! glad your diagnosis has been cleared up!

Take care and never stop being you! :heart:

3 Likes

Sorry you won’t be around Minnii. You were great to have on the forum and always so positive. You were a great moderator.

I hope everything turns out ok for you.

2 Likes

You should come back, Everyone misses you here.

2 Likes

It’s nice to hear from you @Minnii

I too am sorry that you might not be coming back.

Don’t let a Diagnosis change stop you from coming back.

There are plenty of people diagnosed with bipolar and other diagnoses that post on here.

Psychiatrists are always confused about whether I have SZA or bipolar, well you know how it goes.

Take care of yourself and Happy Holidays!

5 Likes

@Minnii in the doctors office

Doctor: You’re Bi-Polar, not SZ
@Minnii: YES!! NOW I DON’T HAVE TO GO BACK TO THAT CRAAAAAZY SITE SZ.COM!!!
Doctor: What???
@Minnii: I mean, thank god I don’t have SZ and only bi-polar!
SZ.com: Damn it :sob:

9 Likes

I’m happy for you that things are going so well! I miss your calming influence around here though.

1 Like

Hi @Minnii Thanks for checking in and giving us an update.

I miss you around this place.

1 Like

@Minnii Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you’re doing. I’m glad you’re doing so well.

Check in from time to time and give us an update. We’ll miss you! I hope you and your mom and the kitties have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.

3 Likes

Ahh…I wish you well…good luck…I’m happy for you but at the same time hate to see you go…

2 Likes

Hi Minnii. Happy New Year to you too. I feel kind of bad that I unappreciated you and took all your support of me for granted when I should have been thanking you after every “like” you gave me.

Like Judy Collins sings “You don’t know what you got until it’s gone”.

Anyways, I’m glad you’re doing well, and I will take note of any of your future occasional posts.

1 Like

Plenty of people here don’t have sz but still experience psychotic symptoms! Don’t think you’d be out of place! Glad to hear from you though. Happy holidays.

1 Like

Congrats on the new diagnosis! You have a much better prognosis with bipolar disorder. :grin:

If you ever find a decent message board for bipolar’s, let me know! I’ve yet to be able to find one.

Anyways, I’m glad to hear you’re doing well minnii! You’re a good person! :smile:

1 Like

Happy Christmas Season! Maybe baby Jesus healed you but only slightly!

Don’t you have an urge to moderate that religious post? See how you belong here? Either way, glad you’re doing well. :grin:

3 Likes

Nice to see you alive and kicking. You do sound stable. The Diagnosis is rather minor so don’t feel your not welcome here. I’ve always been the other way around the Schizophrenia diagnosis with confusion of if I’m Bipolar. So the diagnosis often changes from sz to sza and back again often both kept at NOS.