Hey everyone i have a question about ssi

I wanted to know do anyone else with a disability receive ssi and work? Does ssi cut your money off once you get a job?

Yes. You’ll get less or no Ssi while working.

1 Like

SSDI continues the same unless you are making “substantial gainful activity”. Unless you’re blind, that equals $1,180.

1 Like

Ok thankyou @ZmaGal

1 Like

Where I am the limit is 800 dollars a month. Go beyond that and you lose your disability benefits.

If I do work it would have to be very rarely and for low pay so I don’t breach 800.

1 Like

Ok thankyou so much

I thought if you went through the county DoR you can keep your benefits. Am I wrong?

1 Like

If they’re Ssdi then yes as far as I know. It’s a lot harder to keep ssi benefits.

1 Like

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-work-ussi.htm

1 Like

It’s harder but is it possible? I had a social worker tell me it’s possible but then again she promised a lot of things. I’m hoping she’s right.

1 Like

No it usually goes up every year as wages for working individuals continue to increase. It is 850 this year next year goes up to 880. I suggest anybody thinking about this look under ssa.gov look under working while disabled.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.