Help please. Considering trying Seroquel (Quepiatine)

It turned me into a fat zombie. Not as bad as olanzapine, though. I’m on Rexulti currently and experiencing no side effects

2 Likes

It has those weight and blood sugar effects

For sexuality I felt no effect

It was the best antipsychotic for me

1 Like

Thanks @Anon10 15

2 Likes

I think Seroquel is great! It calmed my butt right down. Problem is it causes akathisia pretty bad though but Cogentin solves that problem.

1 Like

The only problem with Seroquel is massive weight gain.

2 Likes

The only side effect for me is drowsiness I take 200-300mg when things get really bad but I’m also on olanzapine and slowly transitioning to clozapine

3 Likes

I didn’t gain too much weight on it. Only about 10 lbs. in seven years. My weight is pretty stable now. But I’m only on 100 mg.

1 Like

Gio for Seroquel. I’m going to restart Seroquel tomorrow where I’m going to titrade up to the target dose of 400 mgs. If you like to feel happy and relaxed and contentment this is the meds to go for

2 Likes

I am currently taking it after I requested an AP. It did make me sleepy at first, but I’m not sleeping all the time, and when I’m up, I’m fine. I feel calmer in many ways. I’ve definitely experienced horrible dry mouth. They make Biotene spray for dry mouth, and other companies make different things you can try.

Anyhow, I did experience some sexual side effects, so I’m hesitant to have the dose raised any higher. I do get hungry before bed, but that could also be because I don’t have a regular schedule, so 2am is my dinnertime. I just don’t know. I don’t think I’m overeating. I haven’t gained weight, but I also cut all sodas out of my diet months ago. I drink the ocassional orange juice or iced sweet tea, but otherwise it’s all water. So maybe that helped with the weight gain.

I can’t tell you if it actually affects my sza. I had issues with paranoia regarding people, especially people in my community on walking trails. I was seriously scared that passing cars would kidnap me, and I was worried about being followed if I drove. I don’t leave the house except maybe once a month or once every other month for an errand, so I just don’t know how I am regarding paranoia, especially since I haven’t driven since the start of Covid, so I’m never alone.

Overall, though, I’d say it’s worth a try. Just not as an off-label sleep med. So many issues with that.

2 Likes

I know all meds comes with their own side effects but Seroquel is one of the more gentle ones. I’m going to restart Seroquel and I am going for a target dose of 200 mgs of Seroquel for fears at nighttime.

1 Like