Help Needed With Relationships

A boy I met in the hospital,he told me that we would be friends and he would help me with my diagnosis.
Later it turned out that he only wanted sex with me and when I had a crisis he didn’t want to know anything about me.But when we left the hospital he helped me a lot.

Now I feel terrible because he doesn’t respond to my messages.We crossed the street and he avoided me,he made me do sexual things that I would never have done.
I have had to go to several pdoc for this.

@Mary2 I know he used you and that isn’t cool. Have you looked at erotomania? Fixations with people are common and you need to talk to your doc about this. I’m sorry your suffering but this isn’t really helping our original poster.

I’m sorry if I divert the topic

1 Like

I’ll split it off so others can reply. I understand he’s made you fixate on this and that obsessional feelings are a lot like erotomania but stronger because you’ve had contact with this individual. That makes it so hard but you need to get to a point to move away…you really do and helping getting the meds right will help.

1 Like

Thank you.I’m talking to my pdoc about this but I’m still suffering a lot.
She asked for his full name to find out what his illness is and what things about him can harm me.

1 Like

It’s never easy. People use people and sex is a tool for some. He sounds like one of those people and that is compounded by the mentally ill thing. Either way you need to move on and to get there is the problem…that stuff really is hard but as I say…obsessional thought about people is common. I did some silly stuff whilst psychotic for basically total strangers.

2 Likes

I feel very very bad because I was unfaithful to my boyfriend that I have been with for 17 years and all because of this boy who has used me.
Now I can’t have sex with my boyfriend because of this.

Men are biologically hard-wired to want sex from women five minutes ago or sooner than that if possible. The best way to weed the majority out is to let them know that is completely off the table. This gets rid of all but the most persistent right off the bat. Also, beware of dating anyone you meet in a mental hospital. They’re not exactly there because they’re someone you can rely on.

1 Like

This boy earned my trust in the hospital where I was really psychotic and with a very bad appearance,he told me that he loved me that we were going to live together.All lies

All lies.15551515

Well, you can’t undo it at this point. Just chalk it up to experience and move on. And be more careful the next time you’re in a vulnerable situation if you can.

1 Like

Thank you,I’ll try it but I really have a problem idealizing boys that I meet,I believe in soul mates an that kind of things and this is my great problem

@shutterbug thank you very much for posting on my problem but I don’t agree that I shouldn’t trust someone I know in a psychiatric hospital because all of us have been through the hospital and we are good people.I had a bad experience simply

Dear Mary2:
Dump the guy. He only wants your body and will leave you when you age.
Advice Columnist Blizzard

I know, thank you

First step is recovery. Until you are really stable, nothing else matters.

IMO if you really want a stable relationship, trial an error is the way to go. This was an error, keep learning from your mistakes. Your experience will be invaluable for future relationships.

2 Likes

Thank you,I hope that

Mary I think you need to accept that you were in a very vulnerable position and that this bloke took advantage of you. You must try to learn from this and not blame yourself too much. You did believe him, which was perhaps naive, but you had no way of knowing. The lesson here is that people will lie to sleep with others, and that people don’t make good decisions when they’re psychotic. I hope you have spoken to your boyfriend and explained it to him.
Personally I don’t think soul mates is a good belief to hold if it leads to situations like this. It’s better to be more analytical and weary of others than to presume they are destined allies.

2 Likes

Thank you starcrazy,the truth is that I didn’t feel that he was taking advantage of me,he was very kind to me inside the hospital.Outside the hospital he insisted on having a relationship with me until we had sex,after that he disappeared.My boyfriend doesn’t know anything about this,he would left me.
Yes,I must stop believing in soul mates.