Hello, new here!

I just wanted to introduce myself as i’m optimistic that this will be an amazing place for me. I go by Madi, i’m 21yrs old and recently diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder after a fairly recent hospitalization. I’ve been attending a DBT group and getting individual therapy and trying to get the right meds (which hasn’t been all that fun). I am trying to understand more of this disorder, as I have had symptoms since I was about 13. My family is having a tough time accepting the diagnosis. Things haven’t been easy, as I have been out of work for almost a year now and can’t see myself returning soon. I’ve been trying to really focus on my mental health but it’s been so hard. I’m hanging in there though, and am looking forward to meeting new people that I feel like I can finally relate to, and learn about different ways for support, advice, and coping with this illness. Oh! Some things I like are plants, cats, painting, spirituality, and video games. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this :grinning:

20 Likes

Welcome.

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788 , @Ninjastar , @Moonbeam, and @rogueone

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like

I did a DBT group and I loved it. How do you like yours?

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad if you can’t work, most ppl with psychosis (85%) don’t work. I don’t work and live with my parents.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome to the site!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!! I hope your family is able to accept your diagnosis eventually and that they’re able to help you get better. I have a supportive husband and that helps me a ton.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @madi!
This is a welcoming place :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place. :lion::lion::lion:

2 Likes

welcome !! you’ve come to the right place for support…this forum is awesome…!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m really glad I joined :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah the last job I had I felt like my symptoms were 10x worse, the daily stress is hard to deal with.

1 Like

I find it pretty helpful so far. This group is 20 hours a week so a decent amount of time to really learn about skills and how to use them!

2 Likes

Welcome. I was diagnosed last March. It’s been a long road but I qualified for social security disability. I don’t think I’ll be going back to work anytime soon.

I called it my 4 credit class in how to be a person

2 Likes

I need to figure out if I’m able to get any sort of disability, it’s sucks having to worry about money constantly. My family expects me back to work by the end of the month and I just don’t find that possible right now.

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Hi Mom!! :slight_smile: