New here...hoping to find support and camaraderie

My dx is SzA but I relate better to late-onset Sz. I got sick for the first time when I was 38. I am just now coming off of yet another psychotic break and I feel that commuting with others who understand my problems and process really helps.

I smoke non-stop. I drink coffee but I broke it as my worst habit. I used to not drink water at all.

I am in an online program and I’ve been taking online courses for the past three years. I’ve earned a degree and am now working on a supplementary certificate program. Sometimes I get so sick I can’t function, but I have been lucky with school, for the most part. I have had to drop a course now and then.

Coming off of a recent psychotic break. I relapsed and admitted myself to the hospital a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about four years. I was mildly psychotic earlier this year, but this time it is worse. I’ve been sleeping on my mom’s sofa for about two months.

I like watercolors and I recently bought an acoustic guitar to keep me busy and engaged, but I am bad about being self-motivated. I also write and am waiting to see if one of my pieces can be published in a lit journal. With all that, I still feel unproductive and lacking. I had a good career and I miss working.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know each of you.

8 Likes

Nice to meet you, thanks for sharing your story it was an interesting read. Can you show us some of your work? Music, writing or paintings? There’s so many great artists on here!

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll be back to good health in no time, hope you’re not fretting

Thanks, Kevon. I am still learning this new forum format. When I learn how to post multimedia, I can share.

1 Like

Lol ok cool, I think this place can be a really good way to interact with people

This is a really supportive place. I started hearing and seeing things 5 years ago when I was thirty, that was when I was diagnosed with sza, before then I was diagnosed as bipolar 2.

What age are you now? You don’t have to answer if you feel it’s TMI.

I was just curious because if you haven’t been diagnosed long there’s a chance of partial recovery. My delusions stopped about three to three and a half years after diagnosis. I’m doing so much better now.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see some of your art one day.

Welcome to the forum!!! I think you’ll find the support and camaraderie you want here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

:blush:

Welcome. You will find both.
We’ve all been in the trenches with this disease, we can relate to each other because of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.