Healthy menu ideas

My sister is visiting her very health conscious Greek friend this month in Minnesota and she’s wanting to cook him a yummy healthy meal. (She’ll be staying in the bottom level of his two family house).

Any suggestions?

Salmon steak, lettuce and vegetable rice is my favourite healthy meal. Ready in 5 minutes too. Not sure really though, I don’t eat too healthy.

1 Like

Maybe a Greek salad? Feta cheese, Greek olives, tomatoes, some yogurt and oil dressing. It’s pretty healthy.

1 Like

Quinoa is healthier if you need something really healthy. I just had low fat chicken feta n spinach sausages.

1 Like

Maybe some lamb chops with garlic and rosemary sprinkled on them.

1 Like

We’re eating healthier now after my wife’s heart attack recently. Turkey burgers and turkey hotdogs. Whole wheat bread. We switched to margarine. Low fat cottage cheese. Eating a lot more fruit, vegetables and salads. We no longer drink pop or eat cookies or icecream. Now we just have a very small piece of very dark chocolate after lunch and dinner. And that’s good enough for me.

She’s quit cigarettes. It’s been two months now. We’re proud.

4 Likes

@Aziz @SkinnyMe @anon98459728 @77nick77. Thank y’all for your suggestions. I will pass them on to my sister

2 Likes

You can make Quinoa salad, its easy, healthy and it tastes good.

For dessert, I sometimes make a vegan chocolate mousse with silken tofu, maple syrup, and melted dark chocolate. Sometimes I throw some avocado or peanut butter in there. It’s really good with coconut whipped cream!

1 Like

Wow! Sounds yummy

Lentil bolognaise with spaghetti is my favourite meal at the moment :blush:

1 Like

I missed that you got married. Congrats! Is this to your friend you’ve been with off and on for awhile now?

Roasted chicken breast and veggies

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.