Having to pee at night

I keep having to pee at night. Last thing I do before I go to sleep is sue the bathroom, yet when the night is halfway done, I start having all these dreams that I’m peeing, and I wake up having to rush to the bathroom.

I don’t drink coffee or tea before bed either, and I no longer wake up needing to drink something.

How do I stop this?
The dreams are getting annoying

When did you last have bloods done. I heard high blood sugar can cause night time needing to pee

I do not know how to help you. But I was wondering why you changed your username to ‘Miika’, does it mean something?

1 Like

I have been drinking a lot of sugary sodas recently, but I take metformin so I kinda asumed it would mellow it out?

1 Like

It’s because I’m non-binary, leaning towards transmasculine. And if I had to choose a masculine name for myself, I’d go with Miika.
I grew up near the Finnish border with a lot of Finnish people, and I’ve always liked that name

The soda might be doing it I expect. Think you could stop them easily - stopping sugar is hard

1 Like

I guess I could switch to sugar free or sparkly water.
I mostly drink soda for the carbonation to be honest

2 Likes

I had a thought that it was a name people in Lapland might use.

1 Like

maybe u have to quit sodas to see if u need to pee at night time.

1 Like

In Finnish there is a male name ‘Mika’, so ‘Miika’ is quite close.

I was told Miika was also a name, and that it’s pronounced the name I want to pronounced if I had two i’s.
Like Mika would be pronounced “mikka” and Miika would be pronounced “Meeka”.
Is that correct?

Mika is pronounced ‘Mika’ and Miika is pronounced ‘Miika’, they are very close, I suppose in English Mika is ‘Meka’ and Miika is ‘Meeka’. I do not know. Can you speak the language people in Lapland speak?

No I can’t. I didn’t live in a Sapmi area.
I did have Finnish in school for 6 years, but all I remember is little things like “I have a yellow dog”, or more importantly, “where’s the bathroom?”
… But I don’t understand when they reply :sweat_smile:

I knw a Miika and shes amazing !!

Finnish can be difficult to learn, here where I am, we have some Russian speaking people, some of them speak Finnish very well with a slight accent.

Walmart and CVS have flavored sparkling waters for less than a dollar. They are calorie and sugar free. Excellent way to get in your daily amount of water, if you don’t like to drink from the tap.

I usually buy citrus flavoured sparkling water from the local supermarkets, they’re pretty cheap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try to stop drinking anything the last hour or so before you go to sleep and see if that helps. And then there’s the fact that a lot older people seem to have to get up in the middle of the night to pee from what I’ve heard. I don’t know why though.

1 Like

I turn 30 this year :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I always thing of you so much younger, but I don’t know why. I guess it’s because you have a youthful appearance. Which you will be thankful for when you’re my age.

1 Like