Schizophrenia.com

Having fun

Bought two copies of the wreck it journal for me and my son. Every page has different activities that destroy the book. You have to drop it from heights and drag it from a string and take it for a walk and all sorts of things. On one page you had to go to a restaurant, write a secret on a napkin and glue it in the book. I wrote “I rubbed my armpit on page 33.” My son wrote “I farted down the cold air return.” It is a lot of fun. What does everyone here do for fun?

4 Likes

That book has my interest now, sounds like a lot of fun.
I do so love to read and write children’s books.
If I could, I would love to make a stop-motion animated film. I have lots of idea’s that would be fun to do.

I would love to write children’s books too. It would be so fun! Yes, that book will keep us busy all summer. We might make our own version too.

1 Like

I like to paint and draw for fun.

I play piano for fun. I like to record my songs and put them on youtube. I have over 20 recordings I think.

Have fun with your book!

Blessings,

Anthony

2 Likes

I read and listen to music for fun, usually dancing in the kitchen whilst cooking :smile:
Also fun is walking to the flea market on Sundays (with some money of course!)

2 Likes

Painting and drawing is great fun. I love art too! When I was in the hospital they let me bring my pencil crayons and paper. It was priceless! There is nothing to do there. I was surprised they let me keep them because they were technically pointy sticks. Art really helps me with my symptoms too. I feel better when I draw or do something artistic.

1 Like

Oh wow! You must be really good at piano! I’d love to hear your songs.

I like reading too. I never thought to dance while I cook :slight_smile: That sounds like a lot of fun. Flea markets are great places to find neat things too.

Sadly it is not helping me keep from self harming.

Oh no. You have to remember hurting yourself is not going to solve your problems. If you need to let it out maybe buy a punching bag or take karate? Scream into a pillow. Rip up a newspaper into shreds if you need to destroy something. Some places offer free counselling. Google free counselling in your area. You can always send me a message here too.

Here’s one on keyboard that I recently recorded. It’s a Celtic song called Factory Girl.

Blessings,

Anthony

4 Likes

I lift weights, I am thinking of going back to bodybuilding and following my favorite bodybuilder’s program. This powerlifting thing is consuming me. To squat 405lbs, deadlift 485lbs and bench 235bs while weighing in at 165lbs is more than I ever dreamed of, bar far, and they tell me I suck. Apparently 500lb squat, 530lb deadlift and 315 bench is what doesnt suck for someone who weighs 165lbs.

Screw that. Im seriously thinking about going back to bodybuilding, I cant cut weight for powerlifting competitions by dehydrating and fasting for a couple days like everyone else, my doctors said that will screw with my medications and also my brain. For bodybuilding you just bulk up, lifting weights for high repetitions and isolating each muscle, then diet slowly to lose body fat and come out with perfect abs. I used to do it, I would cut in the summers and bulk in the fall and winter. One summer I bulked up though, I was desperate to gain weight.

But yeah, powerlifting is not exactly fun, it stresses me out and I’ve been injured doing heavy squats a year ago and lots of people on that team had injuries too, some of them havent had them treated.

I spend time with my friends and family, particularly on the weekends, we usually stay up really late one night, I watch a lot of anime, which is weird but some of my friends are into it, and this guy I am dating is even more into it than I am.

Fun is probably best described as nights when I see a bunch of my friends and we all do something fun like go to a bar and then go swimming, stuff 21-22 year olds do.

i would like to write a sequal to the first childrens book i wrote, …
take care

2 Likes

Funny - here it is:

1 Like

Yes! That is the one!

You are very talented! Very nice!

1 Like

Photography, archery, and cooking. Used to be hiking - might be again if I can get my stuff together.

10-96

Those guys are being too hard on you. What you already lift is certainly impressive! I have no idea what I can lift now. I think just me 100lb kid lol. I used to be able to lift three 20foot long pieces of steel 2"x2" angle iron
1/4" thick. Have no idea what it weighed but it was darn heavy. I used to have serious muscles. I used to watch anime too. I liked Ranma 1/2 a lot and Totoro.

2 Likes

I listen to music, web window shop…(browse various online stores and just look to see what they have) beats window shopping in real life, hey I don’t have to get dressed and I don’t those nasty looks from snooty sales people that think I’m too fat just to be looking in their size 2 and under clothes. I like fashion, just because I can’t fit into it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to look at it up close and personal and touch the fabric it’s made out of.