Schizophrenia.com

What do you do for fun?

I’ve been thinking of getting some sort of hobby. I need ideas, because I’m all out.
Lately I’ve been going to concerts and movies again, before I couldn’t and now it seems that I’m able to enjoy again without feeling my head is going to explode.

I’ve been to two concerts this year and am expecting to go to two more until july…

Last time I went to the movies was to see the latest star wars but I want to go again soon.
I used to be a movie junkie, and I lost that to psychosis, I want it back! :smile:

What do you do for fun?

3 Likes

My favorite is to play music. It can get very very expensive once you get deep into it. I also like to read, golf, play video games (every once in a while), go to the gym, go to thrift stores, go to art galleries, and take walks. More to come, these are just off the top of my head.

2 Likes

Go watch dead pool its very adult like very adult but i enjoyed it.

I enjoy well i usta enjoy inviting my friends and neighbors over and cooking for them and playing cards and such.

I usta enjoy hiking.

I usta have an adult hide and seek club of sorts of course their children were invited as well.

I usta enjoy driving away from the light pollution of my town, laying on the top of the car and gaze at the stars.

I also liked concerts i like hardrock and metal mostly but i went out of my way to go to other types of musics live events. I watched protomen at a paint rave def not my scene but i enjoyed myself.

3 Likes

I also like being creative with household items. I turn shoe boxes into kleenex dispensers, my incense burner is a skeleton on his back with his hands behind his head so I built him a little coffin to rest in. What are your other hobbies right now? Art stores are a great place to go to get ideas too.

2 Likes

Couple of things… I still go out to bars and clubs with friends and enjoy it, then again, alcohol does not pose problems for me, if it does those environments may not be the best to hang out in.

I also watch a lot of movies, I share a softspot for crappy romantic comedies and chickflicks with some of my best friends :slight_smile: other than that it should be from the arthouse section.

Every now and then I get together with friends to spend a day in the kitchen and make a really elaborate dinner, I enjoy cooking a lot, though I do get a bit sloppy at times when I cook for myself only.

When I am on my own I make some electronic music with my computer, I got some turntables to play with…

I used to play football (soccer, sigh) every week with my classmates, but everyone has gone their ways now…

2 Likes

I like to run alot.

2 Likes

I watch movies, go fishing, play video games on my pc, watch tv, go for a ride with bicycle, go to eat pizza, or make pizza and watch movie, seeing friends, nothing special, also i read books, meditate, draw.

2 Likes

I play computer games and watch Netflix. Trying to incorporate some book reading into my routine but it’s difficult.

1 Like

Video games, films, exercise, reading and family.

1 Like

I love watching movies. I try to watch one each night. I also go to the cinemas on weekends when theres a movie i want to see. I love sport as well

1 Like

I love going on coach trips to different places
I also like public transport
This morning I got hor long bus ride to a town
Went to a lovely cafe had cheese and onion sandwich and came home

1 Like

I don’t.

It’s on my list, after everyone else is done, then it might be my turn.
If I remember how.

3 Likes

I recently gave up education completely stress made symptoms worse
Now I believe in doing fun things with my time to make up for my sufferings

2 Likes

I play video games. Right now Fallout 4 and SimCity. I love SimCity. If anyone wants to play SimCity with me send me a private message.

2 Likes

So…during manias, I pick up a ton of random stuff. A ton…
Leather craft, lock pick(only when it is legal!), archery, clothes making, armor making, steampunk, run around like a nut, scavenge for stuff around town, wear hats, computer program, draw, write stories with your own characters, make music some how, design and create experiments(make it legal XD). etc etc etc

I’ve played some video games but loose interest in about ten minutes if no one is with me. I can play with my friend for a while but not alone.

2 Likes

I like to birdwatch, go online, watch the news, spend time with my dog, play guitar, listen to music, etc…

3 Likes

I play games, watch media, listen to or make music, research things that interest me, hang out with people, ponder metaphysical concepts, etc.

1 Like

Sleeping :blush:

1 Like

I read a book once telling you to take lots of naps - with a cat if possible. It was like a self-help book telling us to do the things we think we’re ‘not supposed’ to do. I like to sleep in the daytime because I can remember my dreams better then.

2 Likes

I like to play video games and I like shopping in second hand stores. And I like reading comics.

I used to be a big reader but I find reading very difficult now. Even comics.

I used to like watching tv but I can’t keep up with what is happening in a show any more, it’s like everything is sped up. Same with movies, I find it difficult to keep up.

I used to draw but I haven’t had any ideas recently. My psychiatrist thinks I should just pull out paint and go nuts with it and maybe I will try that.

2 Likes