Having a tough time with friendship!

I am a 46 year old single male with no children, i have a few friends about 3 of them, Within the last 3 or 4 years, i have been losing contact with them as they all marry and have children, and get on in life, i was working in a book shop for about 15 years but i lost my job late last year, i feel so lonely, schizophrenia is a lonely illness No one really understands schizophrenia or they think they know and think you are going to murder or kill them. i have never been violent in all my life even people who know for years sometimes think i am going to kill them! Does anyone relate? By the way sorry for the rant, rant over! sean

5 Likes

I don’t have any friends. I don’t really want to make friends. Although it would be nice to have some friends so I could say I had some because people can be judgmental about that.

1 Like

I’ve given up on any meaningful kind of relationship with other humans.

1 Like

I’m sorry, my circle of 2-3 friends has mostly moved on to focus on their careers and families too. I’m a little younger than you, but yeah it definitely stings.

3 Likes

I’m 30 and it seems like my friendships are all virtual. I’m worried about opening up to ppl about my illness for that reason

1 Like

People can be judgemental about not having friends, and its lonely, you’re totally right dividedself

1 Like

I have a few friends left, mostly Married with Children except for one who drives me nuts with his complaining LOL

Between contacts, there is a whole lot of time to fill, and that can be difficult and lonely at times

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.