I'm now 30

I guess my main reason for posting this is: how many of you are in your 30s and basically all your prior friendships have just faded away into oblivion no matter how hard you tried to maintain them?

7 Likes

I am in that boat.

I guess things that irritate me the most, are things like one person essentially told me they’re too busy to keep in touch, then a week or two ago when I tried to contact them, they said, “sorry - been busy with this Pokemon Go stuff.”

1 Like

That sucks buddy. One of my old friends basically abandoned me when I first went into hospital. Don’t really miss him.

That tends to happen, yet that doesn’t make it any less hard. I had someone, whom I knew from high school, unfriend me on Facebook after he found out I have schizophrenia.

Happy birthday! Sorry you’re feeling down. Here’s something to cheer you up!

1 Like

Happy happy birthday! :sparkles:

One of my closest friendships seems like it’s disintegrating at a rapid pace recently. The introduction of new love into his life has caused a sudden disconnect from contact with me. It’s a real shame, we were very close. But I guess that’s life.

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

1 Like

I find that friends and even relatives disappear once they get married. Generally speaking.

3 Likes

@everhopeful @anon84763962 I actually had a thought not too long ago that people strive to get married because they’re sick of everyone who was their friend never being available, so they want someone who is.

3 Likes

I like that theory!

1 Like

Hey happy birthday… My dads was july 24th (yesterday). I get along with leos pretty well

2 Likes

Happy birthday!!! :tada::balloon::tada::balloon:

1 Like

Hey happy birthday and welcome back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

happy birthday! i’m turning 29 this year. I understand that feeling of people abandoning you. most of my friends left me to deal with the illness alone. except my partner she took care of me and took the bus to come see me everyday when I was in the hospital.

2 Likes

I’m 27 and friendship has changed drastically in it’s meaning and value… I have a lot of people I could call friends but they are more just acquaintances with a long history to them. I only have one dude friend and one female friend who ever really come over here and enjoy hanging out with me…

The female has deep seated issues with my character. It kind of sucks because we get drunk and argue. Still she is one of few who is actually willing to go out of her way for people.

I’m looking forward to my thirties though. My brother and my cousins are going to grow up… they’re pretty stellar already but could use a bit more of a grown up mentality. I still hang with them but they are just kind of spinning around. Big couple of weeks coming up though. The main party house they have is breaking up and they’re all moving… I think it is going to catalyze a lot of maturity in them as they have a chance finally to escape what they were locked into and reform their ■■■■ a bit.

2 Likes

Me too! When people told me that me “looking young” would be something I would cherish when I got older I had no clue what that meant. I felt my time was running out on me and I would just be a 26 year old looking like a 20 year old. Now I realize truly what it means. Like I’m as mature as any 26 year old but look like I’m 20 years old. So it kinda impresses people. And when I’m 40, I’ll still look young, and I’ll be as mature as any 40 year old, with the looks of a 20 something year old. I never really got the concept of “You’ll be grateful when you’re older” but now I do. Those kids when we were 18 who looked 10 years older than me weren’t any more mature than me lol they just felt they were, and kids are shallow in thinking and that went a long way. But as maturity is starting to be the precedent for my age, I’m starting to embrace it.

A little off subject, but I can’t wait for my thirties. So much to learn/experience beforehand though. I’m excited for not just the destination but the journey.

2 Likes

I am 74. Friends left my life after I fell ill at 21. Now completely abandoned by everyone, esp family. I keep making new temporary friends, esp. women. They come and go. I am mainly alone except for one person, my stepfather-my benefactor at 94.

Happy Birthday!

1 Like

i’ve heard it said that it’s all downhill after 30…40 next geez middle age

i didn’t find it so bad i’m early 40’s

Yep, me too.

I’ve a few years beyond 30 and really feel like my life ended at 29. Just came to a screeching halt. I’m a recluse living with a cat, I fear public places which isn’t new at all. I don’t know, the other night laying in bed the voice that incessantly tortures me commented that for someone with no life I’ve managed to “dip my hat in many pools” which I took as saying for someone who withdrew from the world I’ve managed to live some.

I grew up in the middish/late 90’s and I feel generationless, stuck between the two. I’ve lost touch with a lot of friends as well, I’ve been there before…ten years ago, first time I felt as though I didn’t have a friend in the world. Mostly the problem is that I tend to focus on one person in my life and everyone else is at the most an aquaintance, in my teens and mid 20’s it was a girlfriend. If I’d known anything I would have made as many friends as I could as someone with only one person in their life is more vulnerable than I thought. It used to be that though a loner all my life there were enough people around me that there was always someone, people, stopping by or calling. That came to an end, I lost all sense of self and recieved a social death sentance for being a victim of a world I couldn’t see nor live in.